200 gl or larger

Discussion in 'Filtration, & Other Equipment' started by podslammed, Jun 14, 2006.

1. podslammed

podslammed Fire Shrimp

Was wondering where would be a good place to buy something like of this size, and what kind of equip yall would reccomend?

2. Jcraft Harlequin Tusk

talk to Southerncoralfarmers- he had a large tank that he was selling w/ all the extras- maybe he still has it

3. whulljr Bangaii Cardinal

once you get that high price skyrockets! I know I have a 210. Coral Connection have great looking tanks. It makes it look like furniture.

4. southerncoralfarms

southerncoralfarms Black Perc

hey....someone still remembers I exist!! Thanks guys!!! :lol:
    I have a 180 gallon that I was trying to sell, but no one wants to pay or doesn't have the means at the time....

As for equipment, you need most and foremost, a good quality protein skimmer.... Not one of those kind on ebay that are for 350 gallon tanks..... they just don't work that great from experience... The AquaC EV series are awesome units or you can go to www.myreefcreations.com. For a 200 gallon tank, buy one rated for at least 300 gallons, that way you compensate for water in your sump and just extra.... You can pick up an AquaCEV400 or the 3 foot tall version from myreefcreations. The other equipment depends on what you plan to keep in the tank.... Feel free to PM me if you want to know my recommendations.... If you are going with SPS, it can get quite costly, but If you are keeping soft corals, it could be substantially cheaper. I think the lighting system and calcium reactor are high dollar investments that you can bypass if going with soft coral.... Just let me know if I can be of any help.

shane

5. ronniem

ronniem Spiny Star Astraea

whats up Pod!!!!!
    I see you made it to the other side as well,lol
    Glad to see you posting. I PM'd you about the tank.
    Start a thread and post some pics of your tank man.