3 clownfish in 1 tank?

Discussion in 'Fish' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i just rec'd my order from saltwaterfish.com. I always have a good experience with them until now.

I ordered a 3" clown for my FO tank that has a small lionfish in it. When I rec'd it it was only 1 3/4" and my lionfish will probably eat it.

My question is, can I put a 3rd clownfish in our seperate reef tank? I already have 2 maroon clowns that were put in a 6month apart from each other. The new clown is a wild clown. The 3 clowns are similar in size.

Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chances are you will have a fight on your hands. You may want to try and sell him off rather than beating him up.

3. robharold

robharold Montipora Coral

Dustin,

Have you contacted SWF.com? WHat did they say? Obviously you are probably stuck with the fish but I would let them know that I was displeased. They credited me and gave me a coupon for a re-order when my stuff did not arrive on time and items died. Customer service was pretty good. Of course there is the minimum order thing.

Anyway good luck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The original 2 clowns killed the 3rd one. Still have not heard back from saltwater fish.com

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I figured that would happen, I knew I should have offered to buy him from you. I have a tank I could have put him in.