Any World Cup Fans

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is probably a long shot with a small group like this but ...

Anybody out there who's into this round of World Cup action?

I can't wait to see how the American team does this time. I think they're still one of the 'average' teams despite the high world ranking. Hopefully they can over achieve again and make it interesting.

2. oimate842005

oimate842005 Gem Tang LARC Supporter

i cant wait for the world cup to start!, Id love to see US do well, but they are in a tough division w/italy...as far as winning the cup, Brasil is still the team to be beaten

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah

I'm not an avid fan of soccer/football but i do like to watch the World Cup. I watched a lot of the games last world cup, and plan to watch a good bit this year.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was in Brazil when the last world cup took place. OMG, those people are freakin nuts. Where I was working you could hear the hills come alive with screaming when they scored a goal. New meaning to the word fan!
    Sean

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, their group is way tough. That opener against the czech republic is going to be huge. Getting off on the wrong foot could make a big difference in a group that is so strong. Unfortunately, we won't be sneaking up on anyone with the performance in the last cup.

Can't argue about Brazil ... they're stacked. That guy Ronaldinho can make the worlds best defenders look like statues. I think the English and French have 'very' strong teams this year. I know they're always tuff but this time around they look even more impressive than usual. I'm picking the Enlish to finally win it all again (but hoping for the US of course).

I still can't get over all the injuries coming in on the big name players. They're dropping like flies!

Cool ... that makes 3 of us.

coolio: That's a bunch of soccer crazed individuals. I was looking at some pic's coming out of Germany and all of the ones with Brazilians have half naked people acting like it's Mardi Gras. They live for this.

Where ya been Sean? Haven't heard from you guys on the board much lately. Tank doing good?

6. oimate842005

the english always has a good team but somethings always missing, they are composed of single individuals that dont play well as a team...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know what you mean, but I think they'll be willing to throw aside ego's this time. They've been out of the picture too long. It's a shame Rooney is not 100%. He's what seperates this team from what they've put out in the past.

Smart ***. :roll:

8. oimate842005

jeeze, that english team barely beat a weak paraguay team with an own goal..that was an ugly game for england

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was a disappointing start for sure. Everyone's concerns about not having a solid forward showed in this game. Wait for Rooney. The midfield had an off day. I'm not to concerned about them ... they'll bring it when they need too.

I think the German's have plenty to be worried about. Their "d" looked to be one of the worst.

You've got to like how Trinidad played ... like they had nothing to lose.

Argentina just scored .... crap.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Germans best D has probably been against the Hooligans.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The tank has been doing well Scot. My work schedule has been getting in the way of the rest of my life lately. Just couldn't resist throwing in my .02 about the fans. They really live for "futbol" there!

12. Tank102a

Tank102a Postasaurus Rex

I'm Polish so a little disappoited in the loss to Ecuador (2-0) :( .
    But the US should be very careful with the Czech team they are pretty good.

13. citation83bravo

citation83bravo Cleaner Shrimp

watch out for those italians

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :cry: :cry: :cry: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x

This would be a good time to 'not' have rules for proper language on the forum ....

I can't believe we played that bad. It's like we didn't even show. I think we had two or three real attempts on goal and that was it. The mid field looked like they didn't even feel comfortable passing to one another even when they didn't get pressured. Then they didn't push out on D and let that little czech guy crack at least 4 outside shots with no one within 10 yards of him (not even 10 yards in front of him!). The 'D' didn't look as bad for much of the game but that's only because the czech's only pressured us about 1/2 dozen times ... half of which, they scored on.

The bad part about this is we don't even know how to gauge the team at this point. Maybe they were hung over ... too much hofbrau an vienerschnitzle? There's no telling how good the czech team is because they didn't even exert themselves.

What a sad day ... this is as seasoned and skilled a team as we've ever had. I guess it's win or you're out from this point forward.

15. Pettee86

Pettee86 Marine Betta

I don't know anyting about World Cup Soccer but aren't the Americans suposse to suck at this game? Guess that is why it dosen't take off in this country. Can't touch the ball with your hands, that's a big problem with me. :confused: :confused:

16. oimate842005

that was a lame effort....and those backwards passes when near the goal, what was up with that...they were almost too scared to make a play...but hey, we did get beat by the #2 ranked team in the world, but we have to win out now