Blastomussa decided it didnt like something

Discussion in 'Large Polyp Stonies' started by Anonymous, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My blastomussa decided to crap out. What are the odds it will come back, i know brains have been known to look dead and come back. Is it the same with blasto? there is still life on the coral, it's just very minimal.

Oh, and my water is fine, tested for everything. It's all well within range. I know exactly what it didnt like too. I bought it knowing that i was getting new lights in 4 days, i figured it could deal with 75 watts of NO on a ten gallon for a few days. Now its under 72 watts of PC. Oops, theres a $50 mistake.

2. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

blasto's are very good about "coming back"....just keep it in a good spot, away from any corals that may sting it, and with good light & water flow. You'll know in a month if it's going to come back or not.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks, you just made my day. All the websites i typicaly hit conflicted with each other. Glad to get a real anwser.

4. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

:oops: well, maybe not a "real" answer, but I'm sure that's what you wanted to hear!!!

I purchased a small blasto about 3 months ago. It had 5 heads that appeared healthy and about the same amount that were dead/dying. Within 2 weeks of being in my tank, it appeared that I couldn't stop the degeneration. However, I left the skeleton in it's place and now, at least 2 heads are making a rapid comeback.

5. Kirk_M

Kirk_M Chevron Tang LARC Supporter

Yeap, blastos can be picky....I've found that the ones I have really don't like high light, so I have them perched under an overhang on my rockwork, shaded.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, im not that pickey, just tell me what i want to hear. Thats really what i want. Was that a Welsi(sp) or a Merletti(sp)?

What was the one that didnt like high light, and what color morph?