Charlie's coffee.

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by Anonymous, May 21, 2006.

1. I happened past a Charlie's Coffee shop today and walked inside to take a close look at the fish only tanks. I was stinking appauled to see that they had FISH PETTING. It's a little open pool on the floor with about 10 inches of water in it. 60 gallons tops. There was one particular Sailfin Tang who was really nice looking except for the ich... and the fact that he had to lay on his side to stay underwater. This guy was nearly full grown. There was a wrasse with some sort of deformity on his snout. I didn't see what sort of filtration they were using, but at least from a territory stand point, all of the tanks were way overstocked. I was sorely disappointed to see the hobby exploited and used as "customer draw". I for one, will not be going back.
    *steps off soap box*

2. Tank102a

Tank102a Postasaurus Rex

Wow. :cry: sorry to read this thread
    Where is this place located?

3. bmb527 Marine Betta

Would this be at the Wal-Mart on College? I have seen that "pool" myself. It's a neat idea, but not with the fish they have in there. Maybe with some small rays and hermits and such, but Tangs aren't fond of "petting" as far as I know. As for the other tanks, one is about 35-40 feet long, covering 2 walls, I doubt it is over crowded. The tall corner tank is close though.
    Bill

4. renfest1

renfest1 Kole Tang

His store on Highland is one to behold. His tank is the entiire peremeter of the store. You can sit in the center and watch foot long orange shoulder tangs swim 100 degrees around your head. There are wrasses in that tank the size of my forearm! The petting pool idea is definately an injustice to our hobby, but his fish stock is something to drop a jaw at. For those of you who do not know me yet, I do own and operate two PJ's Coffee stores, yet I will still go to Charlie's on Highland, buy a coffee, and sit and watch the fishies.

5. This was the one at Wal-Mart on College.

6. bmb527 Marine Betta

I think the only problem at the wal-mart location is his choice of animals for the "petting pool". I think the tanks are awesome as well as the "pool". My daughter will spend hours in that shop watching the fish.

7. Their aquascaping leaves a little to be desired.....resin casts don't do it for me. Just MHO.