clark creek/tunica hills trip

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by shivametimbas, Apr 8, 2006.

1. shivametimbas

shivametimbas Spiny Star Astraea

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    an agate i found in the creek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. shivametimbas

some more pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. shivametimbas

thanks rob. it was the first time i used my girlfriends new camera. about half way i finally figured out how to tweak the settings. still havnt gotten any real good tank pics with it. i need to read the manual i guess. its a 5.1 megapixel, 12x zoom, sony- super steady shot, or cyber-shot. it says that on the camera at least. it may have a different name.

i missed out on alot of good shots, not knowing how to use the camera.
    they'll be better next time.

as for the trip, it was nice. the weather was pretty much perfect. there was one car there when we arrived. we passed the man,leaving, near the parking lot. we had the whole place to ourselves. the baby had fun. its been about 5 years since i've carried up and down those trails. i am a bit sore today, but i expected worse. next time i think we'll try to go down during the week again. but find a babysitter. hopefully nobody will be there again! :oops:

4. Kirk_M

Kirk_M Chevron Tang LARC Supporter

TK,

Where exactly is that? Very beautiful...

5. Jcraft Harlequin Tusk

looks like you'll be taking good tank shots in no time!

very nice pics

I remember the first time I ever went there- me and 2 of my friends had just started getting into mountain biking and thought it'd be fun to ride the trails there . . .
    a word to the wise for those who ride . . . DO NOT go out there with a mountain bike- dont get me wrong, the downhill parts were a blast even though its all loose gravel and WILL cause endo's but the uphill struggle with a 20lb bike and sore legs from riding for miles is something ill never forget!

On another note, plan your next trip a couple days after a nice rain- give the ground a chance to dry up so its not all muddy but the waterfalls will be full!

6. awesome photos.

7. Kirk, the Clark Creek trail is in Pond Mississippi. I really don't know the road numbers or names, however.... Get on Hwy 61 north out of Baton Rouge, pass St. Francisville and start looking for a gaudy lawn ornament store on the left. Turn left immediately after (should be a sign that reads Angola State Prison). Up about 5 miles or so you should see a sign that reads 'Pond Store' on the right next to a run-down old bar-turn right. It's a long and winding road, but you will eventually come to a sharp curve with another pond store sign, take a left, pass the pond store and look for the parking lot on the left. Maybe someone has better directions, I pretty much feel my way around places anyhow. Highly recommend the trail, beautiful scenery and fairly quiet on the weekdays.

8. shivametimbas

now would be a sweet time to go with the rain we just had.