Considering Hosting a meeting

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by Reef_Tank_Greg, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Reef_Tank_Greg

Reef_Tank_Greg Skimmate

I never could even think of having one of the monthly meetings at my old place due to parking limitations and just space in general. I think I can probably manage to host one here with relative ease. Plenty of parking on a side street and In the lot.

Those of you who have been by here, whay do ya think? Is it doable for me now? I worry that 999999 people would show up though!

2. Pettee86

Pettee86 Marine Betta

I would like to make it.

3. Reef_Tank_Greg

Reef_Tank_Greg Skimmate

Well that's one person.

I was thinking that if I were to host, then we could have some sort of focus/activity to the meeting. What's come to mind is reef photography. It would be fun and informative to have everyone bring their digital cameras.

Some people here are real experts, while the rest of us just take 50 pictures of the same thing and hope for the best. :D

4. Alque01

Alque01 Cleaner Shrimp

Yeah, great idea.

And have like a newbie hour so you guys could gather around and answer every question that I can think of?!? :P

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a good idea, I just think the meet needs to be soon, before folks start heading out for summer vacations in July (my family included). Last weekend in June would be good starting point. I would host another one here if interest warranted. But I thought Chris was gonna hold one this month.......Either way, it's been awhile and we need to get together again.
    Sean

6. robharold

robharold Montipora Coral

I'm not quite ready to host yet but if anyone around here has ameeting I will most definately attend.

7. bmb527

bmb527 Marine Betta

Greg,
    I would show up....name a date! I could even bring another grill in case the need for more food faster arose.
    Bill

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like Greg's place at the end of June or would the weekend of July 1st be good? Maybe some folks will have long weekends because of the 4th. Get the sticky going Chris!
    Sean

9. Reef_Tank_Greg

Reef_Tank_Greg Skimmate

No sticky yet, lol.

I was thinking possibly sometime in July, but I'm not certain. Never really considered doing one so soon as the end of this month or the weekend of the 1st, but if people are interested then I might be able to swing it.

By the way, I am on Siegen between Highland & Perkins in BR for those curious as to where.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd show up.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was being selfish with those dates since my July is pretty much slammed.
    Sean

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i'd probably be there

13. Romitaz

Romitaz Black Perc

We could make it. Just let us know when.

14. jtv7471

jtv7471 Ko-Ko Worm

Anything goin on with this meeting? Any plans being made or considered, time to get another one together, i think most of our corals have regrown from their last bashing lol

15. Reef_Tank_Greg

Reef_Tank_Greg Skimmate

Honestly, just been busy and had not gotten back to this thread. Looks like Steve is having the August one during the first weekend of August though.

16. jtv7471

jtv7471 Ko-Ko Worm

lol, Not trying to force anyone to have a meeting, just wondering what was goin on with it.