Different Kinds of Clowns, Same Tank

Discussion in 'Fish' started by Anonymous, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was in a store earlier today, and a salesperson said I could put a Yellow-stripe Maroon Clownfish with a Ocellaris Clownfish because they were both tank-raised and if I introduced them at the same time. I'm kind of new to this but it didn't seem right, so I didn't buy either but can this combo actually co-exist?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off, good move not buying when you weren't sure. Buying stuff uninformed is one of the worst things you can do.

Secondly, it might be ok, then again it might not. The ocellaris probably won't give you any trouble, but the marroon, by nature, will probably get mean as it matures.

Personally, I would avoid it unless I had lots of room with lots of hiding spaces. Hopefully someone else will give their take on this.

3. oimate842005

oimate842005 Gem Tang LARC Supporter

First of all, Welcome to the board!

about your question, I would not reccomend a maroon clown and an oscellaris clown in the same tank, the maroon would most likely boss around the oscellaris. now its possible they might coexist, but depending on tank space, there might be territory disputes among the 2

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My bro-in-law has an ocell. with a maroon in a 36ga and the maroon is such a bully. I wouldnt recommend it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am suprised that someone would recomend this.
    You never know how a fish will behave when put in a tank together as they do have there own personalities. However that is a combination I would not recomend. Later Lonny.