Eric Borneman's tank crashed !!!

Discussion in 'The Reef Tank' started by Pettee86, May 3, 2006.

1. Pettee86

Pettee86 Marine Betta

2. phatstanley02

phatstanley02 Ko-Ko Worm

yeah I heard about it about a week ago, have they figured out what happened yet?

3. Pettee86

Pettee86 Marine Betta

I've just read the thread and he has no answers but it points to sabotage.
    If it is sabotage it just shows the evil in people.

4. He reported it to the police a couple of days ago and they refered him to a detective. The thread on Marinedepot.com forums in locked now. Too much speculation.

5. oimate842005

oimate842005 Gem Tang LARC Supporter

heard about that the other week...it probably was sabotaged

6. on the reefs.org forum, it was said that someone took the time to pump water out of his sump and stick a water hose to replace all the saltwater with freshwater. Something a little fishy about that.

Why not put bleach or ammonia? It would have been alot faster. Just strange that's all.

7. dbl post sorry

8. yeah, why would someone go through so much trouble to drain and refill it when a bucket of bleach will do the same thing. He seemed kinda fustrated at the end the post he was replying to was just thinking-out-loud, didn't understand why he was so testy. I really feel for him such a great hobbist and such a huge lose of life in his tank. Some of us has been there :cry: , on a smaller scale of course. :lol:

9. I have. Not to his extreme but been through it.

10. citation83bravo

citation83bravo Cleaner Shrimp

because bleach would be too obvious and can prob be traced.... if someone actually went through the trouble of doing something like this..then they wouldnt do it with bleach because it would point to an obvious sabotage..this way it is only speculation

11. southerncoralfarms

southerncoralfarms Black Perc

yeah, i was frustrated too last week... but I realize it was my own fault.... i came up with a new "country" saying..... I ran over my own dog.... When I said it, my wife just started laughing.... Ya'll wouldn't understand though... I lived in the city all my life and when I got married recently, I moved to the country and it seems like I lost the "g's" at the end of my words like fishing turned to fishin', etc. etc..... I feel for Eric....I really do..... the perpetrator will be punished in his own time....

12. :lol: :lol: LMAO :lol: :lol:

I understand the "g" thing.

13. robharold Montipora Coral

I understand the g thing too. But huntin' and fishin sure are fun.

About Eric, I only wish the post was still open to find the exact cause. He probably got tired of people just throwing out suppositions. It sucks that a problem of this magnitude happened whether some freak accident or intentional sabotage. Horrible loss. I lost 1 $40 Colt and I was depressed for 2 days. I could not imagine a tank full.

14. oimate842005

oimate842005 Gem Tang LARC Supporter

As much as I hate to see someone lose there tank, no one sabotages someone elses tank for no reason..maybe Borneman pissed the wrong person off or something..needless to say it was a senseless action to kill marine livestock

15. southerncoralfarms

sometimes it is jealousy over someone elses sucess.....it is totally wrong if that is what happened....

16. southerncoralfarms

I understand his sense of loss, but he has to remember that he has his career and his knowledge to start over again.

17. Travis

Travis Toadstool Leather Coral

I feel for Eric, but man, what a lesson in humility if sabatage wasn't the purpatrator?

18. SLUSamson

SLUSamson CrossHatch Trigger

what would give someone motive to stabotage his tank? Even if it was sabotage, who would know how to get the saltwater out his tank and dump in the fresh... most of my friends don't even realize that I have SALTWATER in my tank until I tell them, so it would have to be someone who's seen his setup.... just my thoughts... i highly doubt it was sabotage

19. Pettee86

Pettee86 Marine Betta

Only one word for that - Katrina :(

20. Palancar

Palancar Ex-Acan Collector LARC Supporter

Make that two words - Katrina & Rita. Its times like that, that separate the people that have reef in their blood from those that do not. Haven't seen anything about the crash on the MARSH forum yet.

[​IMG]