FYI - Magnetic powerhead mounts

Discussion in 'Filtration, & Other Equipment' started by Kirk_M, May 19, 2006.

1. Kirk_M

Kirk_M Chevron Tang LARC Supporter

Magnet mounts that work on multiple brands of powerheads, including TUNZE, SEIO and MAXI-JET. Will work on glass up to 3/4" thick (2 models, one for thin, one for thick glass). Considerably cheaper than TUNZEs own magnetic mount:

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_pow ... holder.asp

2. Kirk_M

Kirk_M Chevron Tang LARC Supporter

Those adapters they list come with the Stream when you buy them...they are the same ones used to mount the Stream to both the regular, hang-on mount and to the Tunze magmount.

Tunze's larger magnet mount is rated UP TO 3/4" thickness...which is exactly what my glass is. I have a 6000 mounted on it, and even at max thickness, it doesn't budge.

I have an Algae-Free mag cleaner, and it too is rated for 3/4" max thickness...and I can assure you that the magnets used in it are exceptionally strong even at the max thickness. So, if they use the same magnets in their magmounts, I would expect them to hold the Tunze pumps just as well as the Tunze magnet holders do.

Even though your tank is 3/8" the smaller one may just work out fine still, is what I'm saying. Go to their website http://www.aquariumcleaner.com and ask their tech support...they were extremely helpful when I wanted to know which magfloat to buy.

Hope that helps,

Kirk

3. ronniem

ronniem Spiny Star Astraea

I'm thinking of ordering two of the 100's for my seio 1100's. The suction cup mounts I am using now make me nervous ever since I had a MJ1200 fall off a suction cup mount and kill a 80.00 coral.