glue or epoxy

Discussion in 'Small Polyp Stonies' started by tnguy86, Mar 31, 2005.

?

super glue or epoxy? or none??

Poll closed Apr 7, 2005.
  1. super glue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. epoxy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. none

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tnguy86

tnguy86 CrossHatch Trigger Forum Moderator LARC Supporter

what's best to use on frags....i like using glue..........but i've been contemplating the effectiveness.......i LOVE the 'standing' coral look, but as of late, i've wanted to glue them down sideways as to promote encrustation .........it's difficult to glue an entire side down seeing as the glue gets really sloppy and ends up all over the coral, covering and killing it, so i would guess epoxy is my best bet.......

2. I like to use super glue gel to put the frags on a piece of rubble. For attaching the rubble to my reef I like the epoxy. I have yet to have sucess with superglue ungerwater. As far as putting the frags horizontally. Do not glue the entire frag lenght. Lay it over and glue only the fragged end. I have done this a few times and they will stay in place and encrust just fine.

3. i use the super glue gel called handibond. Works real nice. I have a stick of epoxy but it doesnt really work for me either.....

-Mike

4. tnguy86

tnguy86 CrossHatch Trigger Forum Moderator LARC Supporter

slimer

that a friggin awesome slimer!!!!!!!!!!

5. I just got a slimmer from coral connection. Looks justliek that one except a lil bit smaller.

-Mike

6. Definitely handibond superglue for gluing the frag to the rock...then epoxy for bonding the rock to other rock in the tank.