HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Reef Tank' started by cwale, May 27, 2006.

1. cwale

cwale Emerald Crab

Well, how do I explain this, I was messing aroud with the tank, my usual ritual on a saturday morning, when my lovely 3 year old daughter managed to dump about 1 quarter of a botle of kh + ph buffer in the sump. It's my fault for putting it there, and even letting her near the tank while I am playing. Anyway I quickly got out the water change equipment and did a 20 gallon water change. I sucked out as much of the undisolved buffer as I could, but a good bit got in. Here's the hard part, my DKH is around 18 . It has only been a short time like 35 minutes, but I am worried. The fish and corals all seem fine right now, but my R/O unit is only slowly making more water. Will everything be OK? Is a short spike gonna kill all?

2. Jcraft Harlequin Tusk

maybe a quick trip to the LFS for some saltwater?

Water changes are the only thing that comes to mind. Can't think of much else you could do.

3. cwale

cwale Emerald Crab

Ok, did a 35 gallon water change, dkh was around 15 this morning. I am much happier, and everything is looking real good. No problems as far as I can see for now. Thanks for the advice.