HOB DUAL OVERFLOW BOX

Discussion in 'Filtration, & Other Equipment' started by sweetpea355, Jul 14, 2006.

1. sweetpea355 Emerald Crab

I have a double hob overflow for my 100g reef and a sump/refugium with a mag9.5 for return,My problem is one of the u-tubes always loses siphon and I can't seem to get the air bubble out of it wether its a smallone or large. Does anyone know how to take care of that problem? :confused:

2. Travis

Travis Toadstool Leather Coral

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem. ... uct=OE1137

Get that and connect a tee fitting to the suction end and run a hose in each utube so it sucks the air/water out of the tubes. Then just attach another hose to the outlet of the pump and run it to the inside of the overflow box.

Makes sence?

3. sweetpea355 Emerald Crab

Yeah, makes sense thanks for the help.

4. Travis

Travis Toadstool Leather Coral

Good

I would keep that pump rigged up and turned on 24/7 so it never builds up bubbles.

Be sure to run the output line back into the box of the overflow box, the one inside the tank, so that it dosn't suck out the water from the U-tubes. That wouldn't be fun at all :confused:

5. i'd also look at where you are positioning the tubes.

i've found that i get more air trapped in mine when they are snug against the overflow box. this is b/c the falling water creates those bubbles and they go straight in the tube. if i keep my tube as close to the center as i can it reduces that alot