Hole in my Monti cap????

Discussion in 'Small Polyp Stonies' started by southerncoralfarms, Apr 21, 2006.

1. southerncoralfarms

southerncoralfarms Black Perc

It looks like something landed in the middle of my bright green monti cap the other day. It don't look like typical tissue loss..... It looks like a tumor or something and the tissue appeared to die around it....about half the size of a dime.... This morning the crabs were cleaning it up, but I wonder what it could be?? All of the surrounding tissue is healthy with great polyp extension and growth. I don't see anything around that could have done such a thing. I have had an acro fall off onto it before and did a very similar thing, but it healed back and regenerated quickly. I don't want to lose it or have to frag it up.... Anyone with that experience????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got a pic? Could be nudis. Any of your other montis showing signs of tissue loss? Just look real close, they will be white. I know you've been getting a lot of corals recently, do you dip them in anything, or go straight in the tank?
    Did you get a pic of the yellow danae you said you have?
    Sean

3. southerncoralfarms

southerncoralfarms Black Perc

i'm sorry, i got married and hadn't had any time to do anything with pictures.... None of the other montis are exhibiting anything. All I can figure is one of the acros slimed or shed a feeler or something and it happened to have landed in the middle... There are two schools of thought with coral dipping. I did it on three different shipments and the ones that didn't get dipped come out healthier. They had already been stressed from being in flight and bags for over 36 hours, so the best thing to do is put them in good clean saltwater. That is what all of the pros recommend. Those corals did much better than dipping them..... That is just my experience... But I do dip them if they are questionable and I don't if they look 70% viable.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gotcha! Well when you get a chance pm me some directions, I'd like to come by and check out the setup and corals.
    Sean