large acrylic tanks

Discussion in 'D.I.Y.' started by tnguy86, Jun 21, 2006.

1. tnguy86

tnguy86 CrossHatch Trigger Forum Moderator LARC Supporter

i'm wanted to set up a prop room and wanted some acrylic tanks made roughly 2 feet by 4 feet by 8 feet. anyone good with acrylic and can quote me a price?????

2. bmb527 Marine Betta

If it is going to be a frag system that is out of your normal living space, you could go with plywood and pond liner. My friend's shop in Denver has his set up like that and it works great for better than 5 years now. Check it out at www.fragshop.com. HTH.
    Bill

3. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

even better yet....someone already makes prop tanks for about $50 ea... Rubbermaid! AND they come pre drilled with a threaded bulkhead for a standpipe drain. In addition, because they're plastic, it's easily drilled for multiple returns. I recommend the 55g troughs for the frags and the 75g for a sump...

The 55g is about 5ft long, 30inches front to back, & about 18inches deep...the 75 has the same dimensions but has another "layer on it making it about 27inches deep...

I do this bare bottom, with the corals midway up the tank on eggcrate....a few cinderblocks & a couple of 2x4s and you've got a stand for it....

Check out your local feed or farm supply store....they should have them in stock... They'll have them selling as "stock tanks" or "drinking troughs"

here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

4. southerncoralfarms

southerncoralfarms Black Perc

or you can go to www.aquaticeco.com they make some 8' X 2' X 1' troughs that are for aquaculture. They are made out of blue fiberglass for 150.00. Give them a call....

5. tnguy86

tnguy86 CrossHatch Trigger Forum Moderator LARC Supporter

thanks guys :D