LFS in Baton Rouge and New Orleans

Discussion in 'Vendor Experience' started by Anonymous, Mar 29, 2005.

?

Which LFS's do you prefer?

1. Coral Connection

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ricks Reef

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Aquatic Specialties

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Marks Marine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Aquatic Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Noahs(i know what your probably thinknng, lol)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. First of I was wondering when something fishy was going to open for business. Secondly I just want to see peoples inout about the LFS's in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area. I have started this poll to see where people like to shop the most.

Mike

P.S-if there are any stores you want me to add please let me know.

2. I prefer Coral COnnection, bur Rick's and Aquatic Specalties are both nice also.

3. yeah same wth me. Whenever I get the chance to get down there we always try to hit them all.

Mike

4. tnguy86

tnguy86 CrossHatch Trigger Forum Moderator LARC Supporter

stores

yeah, when i'm in the area, i try to hit up all 3 stores seeing as they are in the same vicinity......

5. yeah i actually going today!!! Lucky me, my mom wanted to hit the metarie mall down there so we will prbably hit one of the three on the way back. Prefereably Coral Connection. Man you just gotta love what George has done with the place.

Will post some pics of the stuff I pick up.

-Mike

6. well just got back. I came home with a clown tang, coral beauty anglefish, and a bali slimmer from coral connection. Then at aquatic specialties my mom picked out a pair of ocellaris clowns. All I can say is man the stores there are great!

-Mike

7. We go to Seven Seas here in Mandeville also. They do a pretty good job. They will order you whatever you want if they don't have it in stock. The owners are nice too. That's always a plus.

8. never been there. thanks for the input yall!

-Mike

9. SLUSamson

SLUSamson CrossHatch Trigger

Adventure Pets is another pet store across the street from Gap and Banana Repiblic. Very nice people there and they're fairly knowledgable. Good place for dry goods. I was there the other day and the area Seachem rep was there. I was told after he left that they are going to be carrying their entire line of products, so thats good to know. Eddie and Brian are the guys to talk to there. Their livestock comes in cycles and it's mostly fish and inverts. They'll order anything you need also.

Seven Seas is the best place I've been to so far. They've been open for about a year. Steve, Pat, and Jared are very helpful and knowedgable. They usually have a good bit of stuff in stock and will order anything you need if they don't have it. Only good place in the Mandeville/Covington/Hammond area to get coral that I know of. All my specimans came from them. You can also buy R/O water or buy pre-mixed saltwater if you don't like to mess with that stuff... Dry goods/suplies are kind of pricey, but they have more stuff specifically for reefs there. Worth a visit if you've never been there.

10. We have dealt with George at Coral Connection for a long time and really love to go spend hours in his place. That being said, we also like to go to all the other stores around New Orleans/Kenner/Metarie. On the way there, we have to pass La Place. So, we go to Steve's place-Paradise Pets-alot, also. Steve and his wife are very nice, and they have some awesome prices at times. I just got the most beautiful elegance coral that I have ever seen from there yesterday! It is about 8-9" long and has the most gorgeous colors. He only charged me about $49 for it. Elsewhere, it would have been at least $80, possibly more. Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know.

cheryl

11. do i really need to explain... ricks wins for me :)

12. Employee loyality.

13. I like petco. :shock:

14. even when i worked at aquatic i shopped at ricks more :) hehe

15. If you've worked at AS this year, then I KNOW I've met you. :D

BTW, I'm going to ricks in about an hour. :lol: He wants me to bring in a water sample to see if my phos kit is correct and why I have this damn cyano bloom on my sand. I'm at a loss. :(

16. i just quit aquatic about a month ago, i'd worked there for about a year and a half prior. There were two girls that worked there, me and kelly. Kelly always had red/pink hair, so if you saw a a girl w/o pink hair thats me. -Lacie

p.s. i'm going to ricks in a little bit :) but only for a sec, i've gotta drop something off.

17. I know you. You sold me an anacrapora frag from the back. You and kelly, one of y'all had to call chip or keith for a price. I think you showed me the fuge on another tank in the back. I was looking for purple encrusted rock too, bought like two tiny pieces from the softie tanks. :lol:

18. Ricks is awesome because im madly in love with SPS now and i think he has the best sps collection around.

-Mike

19. Reef_Tank_Greg

Reef_Tank_Greg Skimmate

I have to chime in here. I read someone's comments about Paradise Pets in LaPlace... You are certainly not going to get any corals there but if you want quality fish at an awesome price I highly recommend going there. I stop by there maybe three or four times a year at most and the man and woman there know my name, remember things about me, etc etc. Even remember my tanks! If you are looking for new fish, take the time to stop by there. They always have a nice variety too.

20. Reef_Tank_Greg

Reef_Tank_Greg Skimmate

Pretty much.. They have a *very* small assortment of corals usually but I'd never go there expecting to find/buy one.