LPS/SPS ID

Discussion in 'Large Polyp Stonies' started by Anonymous, Nov 7, 2005.

1. I had a couple of responses that this is pavona maldevinsis, but is that sps or lps? I've found contradicting web pages. It is pictured under all the T5's and is electric green under the actinic plus bulbs only. Anyway, what do you guys think this is?

[​IMG]

2. SLUSamson

SLUSamson CrossHatch Trigger

looks like lps to me...

3. pavona is our guess

4. Lacie/David is it lps or sps? I was just wondering as I was going to try and target feed cyclopeeze to it. Target feeding sps would be pointless. Thanks again guys and Lacie :D

5. typo

typo CrossHatch Trigger

well it would be "sps" . pavona maldivensis is an aggressive coral and usually does well without feeding. if you do feed it, it will grow faster. if it grows too fast it will usually eat surrounding corals, which is why i wouldn't bother feeding it. your coral isn't a very common coral and its orange variation is highly sought after. good find!

6. I came across the orange recently, but couldn't swallow the price tag. In negotiations though :D I got this one from 7 seas. Steve had a piece in which I fragged and we will give away at the meet. We will put the names in the hat and draw for them.
    Sean

7. typo

typo CrossHatch Trigger

the one at reefer madness right now is isane!

8. I think that coral is EXTREMLY dangerous and should be REMOVED asap let me know and I will bear the burdon of handleing that thing for you.

Realy nice no matter sps or lps.