*** My 180 gallon show tank.... New Pictures.....****

Discussion in 'The Showroom' started by southerncoralfarms, Mar 14, 2006.

1. southerncoralfarms

southerncoralfarms Black Perc

2. nice, thumbs up!!!!

3. Nice pieces. Now that you have photobucket working..........show us a FTS with the new additions!

4. southerncoralfarms

To mount the frags, I just use super glue gel like George uses. i don't waste my time with the epoxy. If you ever want to remove a colony, you would need a crowbar. I tried to take a full tank picture, but the lighting just messes the pictures up. They are too bright. When I build the canopy later this week, it will cover up the lights and then maybe the pictures will come out better. I couldn't get pictures of a lot of the frags, but I have like three colonies and about 12 frags and of course the three monti colonies and the two hybrid colonies I'm trying to form with the lime green, army green and orange monti caps. We'll see how that works out.

5. Very nice. Any idea what #6 might be?

6. Beautiful Hydnaphora! ;)

7. southerncoralfarms

Due to the shape of the corallites on the tips, polyp extension at night and the general growth pattern, I would have to say it is an Acropora tenius. Up close the coral is beautiful. With no VHO supplementation, it is a pretty fluorescent lime green with pink tips that fade to purple to the lime green. It is gorgeous in person.

8. phatstanley02

phatstanley02 Ko-Ko Worm

If its a tenuis then thats a pretty weird growth pattern for that coral. From most that I have seen they seem to grow pretty symetrical

9. Jeff,

Rick told me today to tell you that your pump is in !!!!

Creighton

10. southerncoralfarms

Here is a new picture of my tank with 15 more acros added to it the other day. I have 18-20 more coming in Wednesday from Tonga.

[​IMG]

11. Lookin' Good Shane! ;) You sure aren't wasting any time. :o Your last tank wasnt this nice was it ? 8) Now this is a thread im gonna follow for the next few months! Great Work! :)

12. So what kind of Photoperiod did you settle on ? Are you running 24 hours of Actintic, or just the normal 12 hours ?

13. You ain't kiddin. Tank is coming along very nice. Would appreciate some macro's if you get the chance.

14. southerncoralfarms

the photoperiod is VHO's from 9am till 9pm. I have the center halide on from 11:30am till 6:00pm and the outer two halides on from 12:30 till 5:00pm. That kind of simulates the sun intensity. I am working on a halide mount that starts about 30" above the tank at about 10:00am, then, it lowers on a pulley system to about 10" at 1pm and then it raises back up slowly until the off time around 6pm. Anyone interested in this venture of mine??? Let me know. I lost two of the new colonies, well they are under STN, which is probably just stress, cause they still do have polyps. I ordered 15 more pieces that will be here wednesday.

15. Travis

Travis Toadstool Leather Coral

Wow, got to fallow this thread!

16. jtv7471

jtv7471 Ko-Ko Worm

You got my attention, keep the pics coming.

17. southerncoralfarms

How about some more pictures of the corals.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Nice Pics! When are you gonna have an open house? You still have the 180 with the cracked bottom?
    Sean

19. Reef_Tank_Greg

Reef_Tank_Greg Skimmate

Can I come setup my easy chair next to your tank please?