need help,housing

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by poppins, Jun 22, 2006.

1. poppins

poppins CrossHatch Trigger

does anybody know any house for rent or condos around baton rouge.

2. Jcraft Harlequin Tusk

Good Luck :|

best I could say, and this coming from someone who has looked around for the last couple months, is to keep an eye on the Advocate classifieds.

there's some good places in decent parts of town for decent prices to be found, but the majority I found were asking way too much- $900 for a townhouse that 2 years ago I could rent for $600 . . . crazy

3. Reef_Tank_Greg

Reef_Tank_Greg Skimmate

I had been looking for a while and I got really lucky. I found an old ad online for a two bedroom, 2 bath, loft townhouse. I called and the guy was shocked cause it was an old ad. Then he said he had someone moving out soon. The place is just over 700 a month.

Of course this doesn't help you out much... but the point is to simply be very patient and definitely do not pay the 1k or more a lot of places are renting for now. There are still some really nice places with owners who have not raised the rent.

4. bmb527 Marine Betta

I had the same problem. I found a place called "rent-max" it is on florida just before you go under Airline if you are comming from the downtown area. It costs $69 for a year, which is cool 'cause when your lease is up, you can go get a listing for another house. It is all private owned houses that advertise w/ them. You tell them what area of town you want, what your price range is and they print out everything there is. I found it has 5-10 x the listings of the newspaper. Check it out! It makes it much easier.
    Bill