New Tank update

Discussion in 'The Showroom' started by Romitaz, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Romitaz

Romitaz Black Perc

Well, I finally got the new sump in and moved the tank to the new house. Most things survived the move. Here's how it looks now. The tank is actually over a year old. It just has a new look in a new location.

This is the Toadstool

[​IMG]

The zenia

[​IMG]

My original feather duster I got from Greg a year ago

[​IMG]

Rics that are over running the tank. They are huge!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another ric. These are powder blue

[​IMG]

A partial tank shot

[​IMG]

My alevapora with actinics

[​IMG]

Some zoos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and my black perc

[​IMG]

That's enough of a strain on the bandwidth for one post. Will post more in another post.

2. Looking sharp. That is one monster toadstool.

3. Romitaz

Romitaz Black Perc

Thanks! The head is about 12" across now. I keep waiting for Colin to set his tank up, then we are going to chop it up but good! :twisted:

I'm not taking any FTS till I clean the glass. I have been just letting everything settle in after the move and addition of the new sump. I have friggin coraline all over the glass and a nice layer of algae at the sand line. Once I clean all that up, I'll post an FTS

4. Romitaz

Romitaz Black Perc

By the way, here are the new specs for the tank:

72 gallon 84" custom built tank with two 24" overflows that have two 1" holes in the back for each.

55 gallon sump/fuge.
    Euroreef ES5-3 skimmer
    mag 9.5 return pump
    5 72" URI Vho bulbs run by 1 icecap 660 and 1 PFO ballast
    3 actinic whites, 2 super actinics

Here are some more pics:

My Dejardin Sailfin tang

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My alevopora under the lights:
    [​IMG]

and my frog spawn:
    [​IMG]

5. i love your sailfin. He looks awesome.
    Curt

6. Jcraft Harlequin Tusk

lol, I was just about to comment on the desjardin tang . . .very nice coloration (yeah, even tho im colorblind :) ) He looks darker than most the ones you see in the stores

7. Romitaz

Romitaz Black Perc

Thanks! I feed him New Life Spectrum daily. He also gets nori and the food we made at SLUSAMSON's meeting about twice a week. Almost daily on the nori as well. He's a bit of a pig and a huge bully.

8. Reef_Tank_Greg

Reef_Tank_Greg Skimmate

I am chuckling at the PLEASE DO NOT TAP ON THE GLASS sticker. :D

Your tank looks really good. It's also fun to follow the progress of it because it was started not long after mine. Pretty much once I got everything transferred into my new tank, you bought my old rock. :)

It looks like our toadstools are running a race for growth. When you and Colin get ready to frag yours up, let me know. I would not mind seeing it done.

9. Romitaz

Romitaz Black Perc

No problem. I'll let you know. Might be a good thing to record and post up for anyone else wondering how to do it.

10. Romitaz

Romitaz Black Perc

About the "Please do not tap on glass" stickers, the guy I bought the tanks from was using them in his shop and put that there to let the public know not to mess with the glass. I thought it was cool and just left it. It makes a great conversation piece!

11. I fraged mine about a month ago and that was the easiest thing. Cut with scissors like a pizza (triangles). Rubberband to a small piece of live rock and make sure that your rubberband is not too tight. Attaches in about 1-2 weeks. Grows very fast.