Newbie here with a few pics

Discussion in 'The Showroom' started by oicu2, Jun 9, 2006.

1. oicu2 Peppermint Shrimp

This is my first post here. Thanks to a fellow member for telling me about ya'll. Just thought I'd introduce myself with a few pics of my fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jcraft Harlequin Tusk

welcome to the club!

any full tank shots? specs? we'd love to see the whole setup

How's the LFS's in Franklin, Loisiana? is that anywhere near Louisiana? :lol: j/k

My family is from Centerville (Mom grew up a lil past the Cobalt plant by Burn's Point
    I usually get out there every few months, so if there's any stores I should check out lemme know!

3. oicu2 Peppermint Shrimp

Yeah, I know I misspelled Louisiana. I'll have to go back and change it. I'm originally from Franklin, but I am living near Cypremort point in an area called Louisa. I actually live right across from the Port of St Mary. I haven't been around Burns Point since I was...well never mind about my age.

My tank is a 75 gallon reef with liverock and livesand. It was originally set up last year fully stocked but Rita destroyed everything I had in it. I'm hoping I won't have a repeat this year. So, now I'm starting over and these are some of the first pics.

Thanks Chris and Jcraft for the welcome. I'm looking forward to chatting with some locals.

4. ronniem

ronniem Spiny Star Astraea

Welcome to LRC. I am right around the corner from you. I work on highway 317. If you need some frags of shrooms, zenia, GSP or some zoos to get you going again let me know.

5. oicu2 Peppermint Shrimp

Hey, thanks I'll keep you in mind. I was in Patterson today at Steve's Pet shop. I picked up a percula clown. The only corals that I have now are a purple shroom, encrusting gorgonian, pumping xenia and a montipora. I absolutely love ricordia shrooms. I had a tiny one in my last tank. :cry: If possible send me some pics.

Ever been to petexpress in Houma? I've been there three times but he always sells out of the good stuff by the time I get there. Other than that I usually go to Tropical fishbowl, Steve's or order online.

6. ronniem

I'll update my tank thread today for ya with some pics.
    I PM'd you about the LFS.

7. oicu2 Peppermint Shrimp

PM'd ya' back. I'm gonna look up some of those N.O. LFS.

8. Welcome to the LRC Michelle! I'm in New Iberia. Not too far from you. Where is Steve's?

I only know about the LFS in Lafayette. Let me know! Thanks!

9. ronniem

forget anyone said anything about Steve's.
    Go to new orleans

10. oicu2 Peppermint Shrimp

I'll have to agree with Ronnie, N.O. is the place to go according to many posts. But, just incase you are curious, Steve's is in patterson. I am hoping that one day soon I will be able to go to N.O. to see the LFS myself.

I actually live closer to New Iberia than Franklin. I'm not far from Lydia, but still in St Mary parish.

11. when you have to drive at least 2hrs to get there, it makes it difficult to want to go.

I will make it there one day.

12. ronniem

we need to get together one weekend and make a car pool trip to NO.
    It'll be a couple of weeks for me...my pocket book needs to recover from the corals and equipment i just bought,lol

13. oicu2 Peppermint Shrimp

Same here! Money is tight. But the idea has merit. I'm anxious to check it out even if it is to just take a ride. But, to go with no money? Torture!!!!

14. oicu2 Peppermint Shrimp

Thanks Gary,

I can't wait to buy my next set of corals and fish. I'm thinking of rearranging my liverock so I'm gonna put it off a bit longer. But, man I'm can't wait to get some more stuff.

15. oicu2 Peppermint Shrimp

I came accross some pics of my tank before Rita. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ronniem

very nice!!! Looks like you had a beatiful tank set up.
    Just think though...Now you can make changes you might have wanted to do then.
    Just trying to find a bright side of things :)

17. Beautiful tank! Have faith, you will get it back that same way or even better now.

I want a sun polyp and bubble coral...... :idea: making my wish list.

Got to get my pocket book back in order b/f my next purchase.

18. oicu2 Peppermint Shrimp

My favorite corals were the bubble coral and the button coral. I also love feather dusters. In addition, I had an electric scarlet clam. His mantal had lightning bolts flashing through it. It kinda resembled fiber optics. He was too cool!

19. Whoa! I would love to see stuff like that!

20. oicu2 Peppermint Shrimp