Nick's Acrylic Kalkreactor

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by brandondu, Apr 24, 2006.

1. brandondu Peppermint Shrimp

2. doxyman

doxyman Emerald Crab

He's a good guy to deal with, I purchased some things (PH holder, probe holder) from him a few years ago and would buy from him again. I see he's offering kalk & calcium reactors now and if they are built like his other items, they will be above average in build quality.

3. I see 2 things that bother me:
    1. Looks loke a pain in the butt to add Kalk.
    2. The quality of construction could be better, but for the price I guess that is a fair price.

Just an observation.

4. Kirk_M

Kirk_M Chevron Tang LARC Supporter

I agree with #2. All of the stuff on his site looks rough around the edges...just not well finished, and his seams are a little sloppy. Very average.

5. too much of a hassle to get kalk in there. looks a little small too. if you want a good kalk reactor, I suggest saving up for a GEO kalk reactor. Top notch quality, and will be very easy to run. Here's a pic. Kalk reactor on the right.

[​IMG]

6. Kirk_M

Kirk_M Chevron Tang LARC Supporter

Not to hijack, but, Mike, what model Ca reactor is that? 612, 618 or?

7. 618.

-Mike

8. creed Black Perc

I have one of nick's kalk reactors and it works very well. The only thing I would change would be to make it a bit taller. It is actually very easy to put kalk into it. The entire top unscrews and has a large opening to get the kalk into it. I have the pump set to mix 30 seconds 4 times daily. My ph stays between 8.0- 8.2. So far I would recomend his kalk reactor especially for the price and free shipping.