Oceans Inc

Discussion in 'Vendor Experience' started by Anonymous, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Hey..anybody know what happened to Oceans Inc in Lafayette? I knew that they had closed..but did they move or simply go out of business? I used to find some really nice stuff there! Thanks for the input :lol:

2. Travis

Travis Toadstool Leather Coral

I heard they closed, but they could have moved, but I didn't hear that they moved, just that they closed down.

3. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

They're gone....matter of fact, I have 2 of their drilled 40g breeder tanks that were in their showroom in my storeroom :(

Jan @ TFB has 8 of those 40g tanks left...she's selling them for $100 ea if anyone is interested. She also has that 600g, but I can't get her to sell it to me. <at least for what I'm offering :D >

4. Too bad...that was a really nice store! We always had good luck with everything that we bought from Danny. That show tank that he had was sweet! I heard that Jan from Tropical Fish Bowl had bought it from him. Can you tell that I haven't bought from a fish store lately???? LOL I have just been trying to get my tank up and thriving again! Think I am finally there!

5. Coyle

Coyle Ko-Ko Worm

is it $100 just for the tank louv?

6. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

yes..just the tank....and the bulkheads *might* be salvagable....when they took apart the store, they just used a hacksaw to free the tanks and everything was hard plumbed with PVC....

7. Saldarya

Saldarya Table Acropora

They actually offered me one of the tanks for $50..... Maybe it was just my good looks. Not likely, but still.....LOL

Robert

8. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

Yeah...those $50 tanks had some consmetic flaws....one had the plastic center brace broken in half, the other was missing all the teeth on one side of the overflow box....

9. Coyle

Coyle Ko-Ko Worm

how can i contact them? i might be interested in one if the price is right.

10. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

11. Coyle

Coyle Ko-Ko Worm

cool. thanks a bunch!

12. goodblasson

goodblasson Neon Goby

Where was this Ocean Inc located? When did they close? Have I been ignorant to a decent store in lafayette??

13. I was in there about a week before they "moved to Scott, LA" because they lost the lease on the store. Thats what they told me they were doing anyway. Got a bunch of liverock from them @ $1.50 a lb. Was in that pool in the middle of the room. Anyway a few weeks later I found out they didn't really move the store just shut down. Then heard Danny (I think) had some tanks with a small amount of livestock for sale on a by appointment basis. Was/is in his garage. Found his website a while back but lost it due to a Microsux Windows update that crashed my 'puter. Have not looked for it again. Oh, they had told me a Doctor purchased the big show tank. It had just been drained a few days before my last visit there.
    I hope those guys get a real store back up and running. That was the only saltwater dedicated store in south LA that I knew of. South of I-10 that is.
    Wish them the best of luck in whatever they do. A few years back one of them wouldn't sell me a frag because I didn't have the proper lighting at the time. Instead he knocked a few bucks off a 'shroom rock that I took home. That earned my respect as tooooooooo many stores would have just bagged it no, questions asked.