Reefin in Slidell

Discussion in 'The Reef Tank' started by Anonymous, Apr 7, 2006.

1. How many people here do we have Living in Slidell that have a reef tank, besides the few i know of. Not everyone puts info where they live on their profile, just curious to know how many people are reefin in the city i used to call home.

2. Tank102a

Tank102a Postasaurus Rex

3. I said besides people i already know Adrian. You guys arent actually gonna stay in Slidell huh ? You guys better brace for this Hurricane season, its gonna be a doozie ya know. Werent you guys living in Lakewood or Audubon or something ? I didnt know they had water that far up from the lake. How much water did you guys get in your house anyway ?

4. phatstanley02

phatstanley02 Ko-Ko Worm

He lives back by whispering forest, and it floods easily back there. If he flooded it was from rain not surge

5. Tank102a

Tank102a Postasaurus Rex

Actually I live in Spartan Trace which is by Oak Harbor near the lake and I flooded 3 ft. One of my problems with the tank is to make it flood proof. My only idea as of right now is to make the sump, mixing, RO, refugium, and propagation tanks above 4 ft. and hard wire a generator to the system so when I run from the next big one all the fishies will be OK.
    Not like the last time. I came back the same evening after the hurricane and the whole tank was cooked.

6. Adrian how did you only get 3 feet of water, living that close to Pontchartrain, when Salmen High School went practically underwater. I know they had atleast 9-10 feet of water on parts of Pontchartrain. Is your house built up that high off the ground. i have a few friends that lived on the other side of Pontchartrain and the water went over their roofs, total loss. :cry:

7. Tank102a

Tank102a Postasaurus Rex

Each hous in my subdivision is build up 9.5 to 10 feet so if the surge was 13-14 feet we got 3 to 4.

8. ;) I see! Im glad i never bought a house back there when i was looking to relocate. i dont think it would have mattered much anyway, still would have got water. :roll:

9. southerncoralfarms

southerncoralfarms Black Perc

Hey Adrian....I live in Spartan Trace too...... well, that is where my house is..... I live at 209 Spartan Loop.... I never knew there was another cool reef guy in my area??? And yes Carl, my house is built at 9 ft. 6" . It was over my doorknobs, but if you were standing in the street, the water would have been well over our heads. I'm glad I wasn't there, but a part of me really wanted to see it all happen....

10. I have purchased every home video and self-made movies i could find, in a way im glad i wasnt there, and in a way im sad i wasnt, cause im such a junkie for destruction and chaos. Ive never seen wilder footage than what i have purchased after the storm, no other hurricane footage can compare to the destruction that was laid out before my eyes on the home videos i have purchased. I feel sorry for everyone on the Northshore though, im not gonna laugh about someones misery, as i am also a victim of the witch we all know as Katrina!

11. Slidell

Hey Carl I have fiish live rock for the last couple months and starting a mini reef a s of last week Got moved back in right before Christmas lots of work Me and one other family are the only ones back in our house and that is becuase we did the work ourselves. My house is at 11feet and I got 8 feet in the house took out the tank room and every tank I had