Royal Gramma is no more.

Discussion in 'Fish' started by trags, May 11, 2006.

1. trags

trags Fire Shrimp

Today I came home to find my 2+ year old Royal Gramma in the back of the tank covered in a slime cacoon. He was a goner. He was ~4 inches, very fat & has seemed extremely healthy. I'm not sure what the cause was. I scooped it out of the tank to examine the body, but didn't notice any wounds other than the gills being eaten (which I'm sure the crabs did).

I have heard some clicking in my tank occassionally, but a mantis would've either ate him or left some sort of damage...right? I've also seen a large worm (almost 1/4" wide & I saw it going about halfway up the tank with it's body still in the rocks) twice. The worm is white/light tan in color but makes a quick getaway when the light hits it. Water parameters are fine. Any thoughts?

2. :confused: Not to say he was the culprate or anything, but those big worms will make stuff disappear in the blink of an eye. I dont know if you have ever seen this or not, but check out his worm incident- www.oregonreef.com

3. trags

trags Fire Shrimp

Yeah I've seen that article on that large worm before. Mine definetly isn't a dark color, but who knows, they might get darker as they get bigger.

As far as additives go, the only thing that I've put in the tank has been Nori & top off water with Reef Buffer. Just the normal routine & no new tankmates.