Some new stuff!!

Discussion in 'The Dark Room' started by JLouv, Jun 28, 2006.

1. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

I haven't posted any pics in a while and I've gathered a few more critters lately....

so here they are:

a boxing crab, aka the pom-pom crab....I haven't seen this little guy since I released him from the bag :(
    [​IMG]

frag of white centered gsp
    [​IMG]

a lettuce nudibranch to combat a minor hair algea outbreak
    [​IMG]

I call these sunflower zoos
    [​IMG]

a rose BTA <thanks greg!!>
    [​IMG]

a long tentacle plate - I'm having a hard time getting a good pic of this one...it's got a flourscent green base and purple tentacles...
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah....I almost forget....BLUE ZOOS....again, I'm having a LOT of trouble getting a good picture of these....
    [​IMG]

2. tnguy86

tnguy86 CrossHatch Trigger Forum Moderator LARC Supporter

those blues are evil...i'll take them off your hands :D

3. Travis

Travis Toadstool Leather Coral

http://www.zoaid.com/

Nice Zoas man. I am gonna have to get some frags when you are willing to. (I will pay USPS Priority shipping!)

4. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

Thanks for the link Travis....very cool site...

A few things to report after tonight's feeding.....I haven't been paying too much attention to my tank lately, but I got on my knees and gave it thorough inspection tonight. I found stuff that I had long ago thought I'd lost!!

For example, I spotted a goby that I haven't seen in about 5 months. It's shacked up in the back of the tank with a rather large pistol shrimp that I haven't seen in a YEAR!! I also found my little boxing crab AND it now has TWO anemones!!

Here's some more & maybe better pics...

Some different blue zoos....I'm having a lot of trouble with my camera and the 14k lights. I can't find a way to correct the white balance without using post-picture editing software and I'm not tooo good with that if you can't tell...

anyways....more blue zoos - There must be something special on the rock they came on because my blue linka has been munching on it for about 2 days!
    [​IMG]

And the last of the blue zoos...a much smaller frag this time
    [​IMG]

5. Wow. You totally just put my new stuff thread to shame.

6. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

Thanks Zash....I didn't mean to steal your thunder, but I am STOKED about finding all those blue zoos!!! They look sooooo much better in person. Now I gotta go out and get a high $$ camera so I can share them better :D

7. Reef_Tank_Greg

Reef_Tank_Greg Skimmate

I need to get some frags from you. :D

By the way, is the anemone opening up nicely? You actually got the original, if that makes since. Due to the position it ended up in after the splits. Mine is much smaller now but I love it. Takes up sooo much less space!

8. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

Honestly, it looked happier in your tank :confused:

But it evidentally likes the spot I put it in because it hasn't moved since day one and it does open up, It's color is excellent, and eats whatever it can catch & hang on to, so I can only guess that it's doing well.

9. ronniem

ronniem Spiny Star Astraea

Very nice Jared. I'll rent you my cannon G5 to you for a frag of those blues ;)

10. Awesome!

11. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

thanks for the commets everyone!

Ronnie, next time you come over we'll work something out ;)