The New 7 Seas

Discussion in 'Vendor Experience' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went in seven seas today after neglecting my tank for a couple weeks, damn ph, alk, and calcium were suuuuper low. In the process of trying to rectify my neglect I messed up my ph even more and had to go up to 7 seas to get the ph raiser that affects only the ph. Anyway, the new owner, Al Caruso, was in there and getting the store in shape. They had a wide selection of fish, softies and the like, not much in the way of sps. After talking to him, I like the direction the store seems to heading. Only time will tell, but right now, I enjoyed talking to Al and hearing the plans he has for the store. Very pleasant change from where the store has been for the last few months.
    Sean

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard another update, I was told that Al was not the owner of Seven Seas. My source would not tell me who the new owner was but did mention that the new owners new very little about Salt Water. This might be how Al got worked into the deal, maybe he will be offering his expertise and his "Biology Degree" to help out. Not sure if this is 100% acurate I've known Al for many years. I hope that Seven Seas does have a great rebuild, I'm not in that area much but always welcome a new source of stuff to my money pits.

3. robharold

robharold Montipora Coral

I was told that the new owner is a female. I do not remember her name. However, she is a close friend of Mr. Caruso and he will be helping out with the store. I don't know who either of them are but this is the info I was given when I went in. I wanted to meet the new owner but they were not there.

4. Kirk_M

Kirk_M Chevron Tang LARC Supporter

I went in for a visit today. He introduced himself to me as one of the new owners, so I asked who the others were. He said the lady there with him was the other owner, and was his girlfriend. I can't remember her name.

Anyway, he's tearing down the 90 gallon tank and re-doing it, as well as that large tank in the front that's been so horrible for EVER. He had TONS of livestock acclimating, so, I don't know exactly what he did and didn't have.

All I can say that I saw was PURPLE TANGS -- he had a WHOLE TANK OF THEM , at least 20 fish -- really neat because they were schooling together. He was selling them for $69 for about a 3" fish -- he had a handful of 5" the other day with this shipment that he was selling for the same price.

He also had a 6-7" Clown trigger that was $89. I've seen those at Chip's place for over $100 for a 2" fish.

I hope this all works out well, and that he is bringing in quality livestock. One thing I DID get from him were those damn orange zoos from the 90 that Steve and Sandra refused to sell... Got the whole colony for $15. :)

5. phatstanley02

phatstanley02 Ko-Ko Worm

hmmm maybe he will sell a certain lps out of the front tank ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)