watch out for superglue

Discussion in 'Propagation' started by Anonymous, May 4, 2005.

1. just a funny... today I was attatching some loose stuff i found in the tank and I superglued a copepod to my finger! oops :)

2. Reef_Tank_Greg

Reef_Tank_Greg Skimmate

Superglue is evil stuff. It causes you to have to do stuff like walk into Walgreen's and ask a pretty young female clerk where the nail polish remover is. :oops:

3. glue

yea I can just see her, sure you were using superglue to glue live animals to rocks! hahaha, yea, I have a bottle just for that reason, luckily I just scraped the blob with the pod off with a knife, felt bad for him though!

4. I end up getting it all over my fingers every time I use it. The only thing that seems to work for me to get it all off is to use a nail file. After it gets hard, I just file it off.... that seems to do the trick. I can't STAND having it stuck all over my fingers!

5. JLouv

JLouv Harlequin Tusk

I might be in the minority here....but I can honestly say that I've had no unfortunate super glue incidents......yet :D

6. tnguy86

tnguy86 CrossHatch Trigger Forum Moderator LARC Supporter

using the handibond, i get superglue all over my fingers, but it usually falls off within a few hours or so....

just me???/

7. glue

im just messy and I dont have a prob getting it off, but I hate the feeling of it or gluing the tube to my finger and everything else!! glad Im not the only one :)

8. Kirk_M

Kirk_M Chevron Tang LARC Supporter

Guys, wear latex gloves when handling it...you'll never have to worry about it again :)

9. glue

then I would have the glove glued to the frag and everything! I can just see it now, really guys, I swear its a new coral -a latexenisis! want a frag? :)

10. Kirk_M

Kirk_M Chevron Tang LARC Supporter

Re: glue

Better a small piece of latex that you can cut off the glove than a piece of your own flesh glued to it :D

Trying to splice human and coral DNA, eh?

11. ever wonder why superglue sticks to your skin so easily?

it was developed as a surgical glue, used to seal up wounds and bullet holes in an emergency ;)

12. i superglued a pen to my hand once.

13. tnguy86

tnguy86 CrossHatch Trigger Forum Moderator LARC Supporter

i hear the military is using a new bandage that aids in clotting..supposedly, one key ingredient is shrimp shell....supposedly, it aids in clotting..

14. i glued all my fingers together once...sharpie marker and toothpaste help take it off tho.

15. When I get super glue on my fingers I normally have to wait for the skin with the super glue stuck to it to be shed. There's just no getting it off of me.

I was carrying a tube of super glue in a cargo pocket on a pair of pants I own. The tube burst coating the inside of the pocket with glue. These of course were a cotton/poly blend pant.. heavy on the poly side. I tried to work the stiffness out of the matierial, and ended up shattering a hole in my pocket.

16. kwiker

kwiker Neon Goby

This is true. The bandage is called a "Chitosan" bandage. We had them in Iraq. They work to a certain extent, but major bleeding cannot be controlled with them. HTH

17. Ouch!

I know a girl thought she was putting Visine in her eyes, but it was superglue. She put it in both eyes before realizing what she had done. She had to be picked up in a Helocopter and brought to BTR. Shes fine now. Wasnt too smart.

18. bmb527 Marine Betta

"I super glued myself to,..umm...myself"!
    This entire thread has American Pie written all over it! It is hilarious though.
    I usually don't use much super glue on my tanks, but I was trying to glue a piece of trim panel back in place in the cockpit of one of our planes once and ended up with the broken piece glued to one hand and the rest of the panel glued to the other. What a messy invention.I think it was actually invented by some cruel emergency room nurses to provide them with "look at what this idiot did" stories.
    Bill

19. marine_tibby

marine_tibby Flasher Wrasse

well i just got done glueing my very first frag, and yup got it on my fingers no biggie tho. just can't see how that doesn't hurt the tank

20. seems this threads been revived. anyways, i was making a necklace the other day, and ther was certain stuff i ha to glue for the hanging stuff. glued my hand together like 20 times. i hate foolin with that stuff