What Superglue do you use?

Discussion in 'Small Polyp Stonies' started by oimate842005, Apr 18, 2006.

1. oimate842005

oimate842005 Gem Tang LARC Supporter

Just wondering what brand works best for you to attach SPS...been using the 3M gel, but those small tubes runs out so quick. Also where do youll get the big tubes of superglue gel?

2. Coyle

Coyle Ko-Ko Worm

im with snausages...the cheapest i can find..they usually have the 3 packs at walmart too.

3. southerncoralfarms

southerncoralfarms Black Perc

I always end up using the cheap two tubes for like 1.46 from Lowes. I have probably been through fifty tubes gluing all of my corals in place.

4. Pettee86

Pettee86 Marine Betta

I've used the off brands also - just be sure that it is gel.

5. I'm kind of new to the coral family. The glue does affect the water? I'm scared to put anything in my tank that I'm not fully sure that it's ok.

Lost everything before and don't want to do it again.

6. Jcraft Harlequin Tusk

the cheapest I can find- usually at the CVS down the street

7. ohhhhhh thanks very much Chris for the non-specific warning!!!! :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

8. southerncoralfarms

southerncoralfarms Black Perc

As long as it is "super glue gel" it will be nontoxic to your inverts and fish. I know someone who has even used that gorilla glue to glue rock together before the tank has water in it...... It is impossible to get it apart and once cured, it is nontoxic.

9. slebla240

slebla240 Peppermint Shrimp

check out garf.org. they did a study on super glue and carl mounting. I think they said to not use crazy glue. all other brands seem to do find, but they have their fav.'s

10. I haven't found the gel to be toxic. I wish I could find a larger tube of the gel, though. I usually use the small tubes you buy at the dollar stores. YOu need like 2 tubes of it to attach one colony...if your lucky.