yellowtang sick?

Discussion in 'Fish' started by Anonymous, Apr 24, 2006.

1. new to the hobie and yellowtang looks kinda strange. has white cottonlike dot on its top fin. help please! :cry:

2. Tank102a

Tank102a Postasaurus Rex

What ever the problem might be garlic extract can't hurt. Obviously try to diagnose the problem (is the fish scarping itself on the bottom? It might be ich).

3. thanx 4 da info

i did a water change and checked all the levels and errthing looks fine.fish still looks unhealthy. n-e other ideas?

4. garlic

I second the use of garlic. It is always a good thing to use when a fish doesnt look 100%. A pic of the fish would really help.
    Curt

5. jtv7471

jtv7471 Ko-Ko Worm

If the fish is eating and looks health he should come out of it on its won. Just keep your hands out of the tank for a few days and try not to stress him out anymore than he is.

6. garlic extract

yellow tang startin to look pale in color now. not as yellow. just purchased flakes with garlic extract. hopefully it helps. why the color lost? any answers?

7. minced garlic in sump???

can i use any garlic extract or only saltwater brands? i read an article bout minced garlics inside of a stocking and placing it in your sump. sounds strange cuz how sould u know how much ur using. is it okay to overdose?

8. minced garlic in sump???

can i use any garlic extract or only saltwater brands? i read an article bout minced garlics inside of a stocking and placing it in your sump. sounds strange cuz how sould u know how much ur using. is it okay to overdose? :?:

9. lfs

I just picked up some garlic guard at my LFS, it wasnt very expensive and i know its safe.
    Curt

10. thanx 4 all da feedback.