10 gallon AIO

Users who are viewing this thread

smileyjoe

Ko-Ko Worm
Administrator
POTM Winner
The wife has finally given me the go ahead to possibly setting up a tank in the youngest daughter's bedroom since her theme is under the sea. Anyone know of a 10-20 gallon AIO that won't break the bank haha. I have a maxspect light that the wife one a few years back at the last LaRC meet. So really just looking for a tank. Appreciate everyone's suggestions!

smileyjoe

Ko-Ko Worm
Administrator
POTM Winner
Would definitely make sure its on a very stable platform as the little one will get curious quickly once more mobile.
I've got a small all in one frag tank in storage that would make a sweet little tank.
Think I could donate it to my godchild -cheers2-
Whatever stand I make, I will make sure to attach it to the studs in the wall so no topping over!

Lazyfish

Neon Goby
+1 on attaching it to the wall. A lip on the top edge of the stand could help incase the tank itself gets grabbed or pulled. Attaching a neoprene mat under the tank with the roughest side down (if it has one some dont) helps increase friction and stop sliding also. I'm not a child but I did managed to move my 10g aio by mistake once when it had nothing under it. After adding the mat it didnt move again. It was more like 8g with the aio and all. How do you plan on mounting lights. My father was allways paranoid I would nock mine in the tanks while they were on and electrocute myself. It only happened once tho and that was the dang fat cat we had not me. I was in the room and caught her fishing when I screamed at her she freaked and nocked it and went swimming. I yanked out the cord before anything happened thankfully. The light was even ok. Can it be hung from above where it cant be reached by little hands especialy if they are climbing?

Last edited:

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Having four boys, I completely agree with attaching the stand to the wall so it cannot tip. I remember in college I had a 20g on a tall stand and my little step sister was able to rock it once to make the water splash. Just better safe than sorry.

And if you want, I have an old 30 gallon tank in the garage that needs to be resealed. The glass is all in good shape, but needs a good cleaning. Would be free to you bud. I also have an old 20 gallon I would give you for free, but the side glass is cracked at the top and the pane needs to be replaced. But if you are looking to not break the bank, I would probably do my own AIO with an Aqeon as the base.

smileyjoe

Ko-Ko Worm
Administrator
POTM Winner
+1 on attaching it to the wall. A lip on the top edge of the stand could help incase the tank itself gets grabbed or pulled. Attaching a neoprene mat under the tank with the roughest side down (if it has one some dont) helps increase friction and stop sliding also. I'm not a child but I did managed to move my 10g aio by mistake once when it had nothing under it. After adding the mat it didnt move again. It was more like 8g with the aio and all. How do you plan on mounting lights. My father was allways paranoid I would nock mine in the tanks while they were on and electrocute myself. It only happened once tho and that was the dang fat cat we had not me. I was in the room and caught her fishing when I screamed at her she freaked and nocked it and went swimming. I yanked out the cord before anything happened thankfully. The light was even ok. Can it be hung from above where it cant be reached by little hands especialy if they are climbing?
I havent thought about mounting the light yet, but maybe build a floating shelf above the tank and mount the light to it is possible.