The GOB

White Tip Reef Shark
Administrator
POTQ Winner
Got a good first run idea...

Weird-Science.jpg

watson5

Bangaii Cardinal
I've printed everything labeled "reef" on thingiverse...it's likely that I've spent enough at the library to buy my own machine but it's somehow easier to rationalize the library

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
I might have some projects in the future. What brand you getting?

I two was looking at are the

-Creality cr-10s and
-Artillery x1
(due to having lots of troubles shipping the box due to the name *ARTILLERY* being on the box they are rebranding to Evnovo. Just about every box shipped gets opened by customs or they get held at ups/FedEx to be inspected for weapons.

I've printed everything labeled "reef" on thingiverse...it's likely that I've spent enough at the library to buy my own machine but it's somehow easier to rationalize the library

I've looked on thingiverse and for the price they charge I could buy a couple of machines. One of the most popular brands
Is the Creality Ender-3 sells for 175. The 2 that I'm looking at are between 375-475
However the one for 175 is seriously one of the top printers when compare to hobbiest level printers. I've already downloaded the software and started playing with creating stuff. I don't want stuff just for the tank, there is a ton of other things I have in store for this. Just hope it works out.

ReefJeeves

Peppermint Shrimp
It’s been a while since I have done anything but we did a little in school (designing a pump impeller for and engineering course, etc) but it’s been a bit. I’ll talk to someone I know who is into it and see if I can get any tips.

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter

jleblanc26

keep reefing on!
Administrator
LARC Supporter
If your library has one. Go and ask to use it. Bring your stl file on a jump drive and voi la.

jleblanc26

keep reefing on!
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Im a gamer and and i haven't paid for a new game in a while because my library rents games for free and I keep them for two weeks.

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Oh damn. What they charge for using it? They supply all filament? What if it's a long print?

Salt_for_Brains

Ko-Ko Worm
Wish the ones around here had one! I'd be having me some free 3d printed stuff! Wife is a librarian to boot

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

watson5

Bangaii Cardinal
I two was looking at are the

-Creality cr-10s and
-Artillery x1
(due to having lots of troubles shipping the box due to the name *ARTILLERY* being on the box they are rebranding to Evnovo. Just about every box shipped gets opened by customs or they get held at ups/FedEx to be inspected for weapons.

I've looked on thingiverse and for the price they charge I could buy a couple of machines. One of the most popular brands
Is the Creality Ender-3 sells for 175. The 2 that I'm looking at are between 375-475
However the one for 175 is seriously one of the top printers when compare to hobbiest level printers. I've already downloaded the software and started playing with creating stuff. I don't want stuff just for the tank, there is a ton of other things I have in store for this. Just hope it works out.

I email the files to my library and they print.. Most I've spent is probably $5 on a single item (pod hotel)

Stoned

Postasaurus Rex
LARC Supporter
POTQ Winner
POTM Winner
I email the files to my library and they print.. Most I've spent is probably $5 on a single item (pod hotel)

I'm thinking there is a limit on size? Still sounds like an awesome deal on a small piece.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Jefferson Parish has one at their library as well. You email the file and they print. I think on Saturdays there is a workshop where you can go in and use it. I haven't had the time to play with it but have been highly interested. Johnny is now looking at high schools and that is one thing I noticed in the open houses is they all have 3D printers in their workshop class. Not sure why they dont have radial arm saws, band saws and table routers anymore :D