40B build..

Users who are viewing this thread

smileyjoe

Ko-Ko Worm
Administrator
POTM Winner
Here is what I have so far. Just wanted to turn the lights on to take a few pics. Now its time to get the radions dialed in where I want them and build a equipment cabinet

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
I didn't use nearly the rock I had curing. I guess I thought I was stocking a 150 lol... I'm in the process of fine tuning the return. I got the gurgling to stop but I have a trickle coming out of the secondary

Always better to have more than enough rock so you have plenty of options for scaping.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
'!!welcome!!'':beers:'

I appreciate the shout out and appreciation my friend, You have done all the work and put forth the time invested into this build.
My answers, text, explaining things and offering up what ever I can to make things easier is all a part of why I am involved with LaRC.
I am glad to have helped you out in any way that I did, Now its a matter of time till you are getting all that new gear and clean tank dirty !
Looks pristine and great, then a bit ugly (naturally), then it will start to become a full on ecosystem back to being great !

Let me know when you are ready for some nuggets

smileyjoe

Ko-Ko Worm
Administrator
POTM Winner
Added some under cabinet lighting this evening for when I need to do some work in the sump area . Also got a small cabinet to put my doser and other equipment into. Just need to add some skins on the sides. It will do for now till I'm able to make something to my liking.
OI000093.JPG

Last edited:

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Looking great so far man !
Let me know when you are ready to set your light schedule / intensity
I'll come over and bring the coral hand saw for you.

smileyjoe

Ko-Ko Worm
Administrator
POTM Winner
Coming along pretty good @BluewaterLa softies & LPS growing pretty good. Some of the sps is growing and has some nice color, others are growing but not much in color. Wondering if it's too much light or what not. The few pieces with not much color are directly under the radion. The others with nice color are of too the side or lower in the tank!

Last edited:

CenlaReefer

Spiny Star Astraea
LARC Supporter
Looks great! You have done some very skilled work with that plumbing. The cabinet looks very clean. That favia you got from me is looking super fat and happy! I am sorry to say I somehow missed viewing this wonderful thread for quite some time. Now I am following along more closely.

Redfish

Peacock Mantis Shrimp
Corals look happy :) Pretty sure I have that Favia on the left, maybe ,, mine is a lot smaller though, maybe the size of a quarter ,, it was cheap, I think I paid $16 for it ,, its one of my favorite pieces in the tank though :) its a silverish grey with bright green polyps ,,