40B build..

Users who are viewing this thread

smileyjoe

Ko-Ko Worm
Administrator
POTM Winner
Looks great! You have done some very skilled work with that plumbing. The cabinet looks very clean. That favia you got from me is looking super fat and happy! I am sorry to say I somehow missed viewing this wonderful thread for quite some time. Now I am following along more closely.
Yes the favia is fat and growing like crazy! And appreciate the kind words on the plumbing.

smileyjoe

Ko-Ko Worm
Administrator
POTM Winner
Corals look happy :) Pretty sure I have that Favia on the left, maybe ,, mine is a lot smaller though, maybe the size of a quarter ,, it was cheap, I think I paid $16 for it ,, its one of my favorite pieces in the tank though :) its a silverish grey with bright green polyps ,,
Sound like the same favia to me. I acquired it from Tommy @tchan. It is growing out pretty nicely and fast at that.

smileyjoe

Ko-Ko Worm
Administrator
POTM Winner
Just a few photos from the 40B
OI000025-01.jpeg
20200527_065323.jpg
OI000023.JPG
OI000022.JPG

dwebster86

Ko-Ko Worm
POTY Winner
POTM Winner
Wow... those coral look healthy. Thought those Palys in the first pic were Duncan’s at first. Got Duncan’s on the brain, want some so bad right now.

Grest pics sir!

smileyjoe

Ko-Ko Worm
Administrator
POTM Winner
Well during T.S. Cristobal. I made myself useful and installed my T5 retro fit kit. They are sitting around 9" off the water. Also added some netting on the back of the hood so no more fish jump out. The wifes favorite fish jumped out for some reason in the middle of the night a few weeks back. Looking fwd to add a few more additions to the tank tom.
20200608_134757.jpg
20200608_134631.jpg
20200608_132506.jpg

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Looking good man !
Now you have to get the rest done up and start making some water, then enjoy having RODI and Salt water anytime you need it without waiting.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Could use a flexible spout funnel or make one out of a large plastic throat funnel and a short piece of clear hose to fill the salt into the barrel for mixing. Seen that a few times on videos of other folks set ups