A big bully

Users who are viewing this thread

Pattie

Fire Shrimp
My Banner butterfly has turned out to be a big bully. Took me several hours to see what was going on. Poor Kole has bites on his side.
20191215_160802.jpg

Now he's in jail.
20191215_162303.jpg
I guess I'll need to find him a new home after QT.

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Wow, I've owned both H. diphreutes and acuminata, but never had one aggressive enough to bite a tang. :eek: There does appear to be a pretty good size difference between them, however.

Pattie

Fire Shrimp
Wow, I've owned both H. diphreutes and acuminata, but never had one aggressive enough to bite a tang. :eek: There does appear to be a pretty good size difference between them, however.
Yes, there is. I was thinking the butterfly was passive so the size difference would be ok but I was wrong. I also have a smaller hippo in there. He's on the kole side so sitting here beside the tang trying to watch them. So far I think they are ok. They have just come out of hiding though.
20191215_172447.jpg
sorry for the dirty glass.

Pattie

Fire Shrimp
HMMMM, I could of spoke too soon. The kole tang has found a spot that he can squeeze through and keeps going on the banners side. He keeps showing the banner his side and then the banner will bite at him after this keeps up so He may be the one causing all this he is just getting what he's asking for. Will have to watch more. I really don't want to have to set up another tank. LOL Every time I finish with a QT and brake it down I end up needing it before I know it , again. I have been watching the hippo and kole and there's a little banner but no real hurting at this time. This group is turning out to be a little of a challenge. If I can get them to work my stocking is done except a mandarin a ways down the road.

Redfish

Peacock Mantis Shrimp
Just saying ,,, things could get better when the fish get into the larger display tank where they have more room to stay out of each others way ,,, or not :)

Redfish

Peacock Mantis Shrimp
If you were closer I would take one off your hands if it doesn't work out ,, I need a fish , most likely the Tang ,, that other one is purdy ,, doesn't look coral friendly though :) the purdy ones are never coral friendly lol since you already have them ,, the risk is worth it :) they purdy fish :)