Controller or no controller?

Users who are viewing this thread

thelonereefer

Copepod
looking for some advice, I have a reef tank in my office, I am here 6 days a week. But just curious if a controller is or would be worth it since I am not here all of the time like if it were at my house. especially for holidays. and if so any particular one that yall would recommend? Thanks in advance

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
I am a fan of controllers, although I have been without one for a couple of years now. My recommendation is make sure the tank can be self-sufficient should the controller for fail. But for remote monitoring to ensure everything is working properly, its hard to relinquish that luxury once you get yourself spoiled by it :)

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Having one for your office tank and hard wired into your internet there would be a solid option to monitor the tank and alert you of any issue that may pop up.

thelonereefer

Copepod
thats what im thinking, it would be nice to be able to keep an eye so to speak on things when I am not around. I am not really familiar with controllers so I am only really slightly knowledgeable of the apex. I havent quit yet figured out if the price tag is worth it for this application

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator