CR’s Frag Shack

Users who are viewing this thread

Coastie Reefer

Black Perc
“Full tank shot” so to speak. AC works like a champ. Just a few more construction items left to get it all done. Soffit; floors, and baseboards. Then the real fun begins.

99B7B6EA-6099-4BA6-8E28-A23DB3849CFF.jpeg
B4625B84-95B8-478A-99A8-4AA7AA60D613.jpeg

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
You should consider running a dehumidifier. Ideally, you would keep the AC running to match the same target temperature for your tank, but you will have a hard team keeping humidity below 60% for most of the year. I would not go lower than 60% otherwise you will be chasing yourself with evaporation.

Coastie Reefer

Black Perc
You should consider running a dehumidifier. Ideally, you would keep the AC running to match the same target temperature for your tank, but you will have a hard team keeping humidity below 60% for most of the year. I would not go lower than 60% otherwise you will be chasing yourself with evaporation.
I have a 70 pint in my current building. I’ve become well versed in the humidity battle over the past couple years. The additional issue is that new construction almost always has elevated humidity due to the fresh lumber, concrete, and paint… my current plan is to run the AC at 76-77. I keep my tanks at 78 but with the lights and water volume I’ve noticed running the AC a degree or two below target water temp helps with humidity, in the summer months at least. Winter is always going to be the months that require more active dehumidification.