Diamond gobies. Help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pattie

Fire Shrimp
Recently got a pair of diamond gobies. Suppose to be a bonded pair. Since doing the ttm Qt. They have been doing a lot of fighting. Using 2 20gal longs with bowl of sand. Finally had to pull the smaller one out stopping midway through it's QT for fear of it getting killed. What are my chances of later adding them together in my 240gal? Is it big enough if they aren't bonded or one still kill the other?

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
I think they will be fine in a large tank.
I've got four different blennys / gobies that all staked out their own area in my 6 foot tank.
Two of them definitely do not get along, they squabbled a bit in the beginning and now nothing, even tolerate one another during feeding no matter where to food is so it should be fine in my mind.
often times ''pairs'' are not pairs.

Pattie

Fire Shrimp
OK, update so far. Finally added the 2nd diamond goby about a week ago. they fought and didn't see the 2nd one until yesterday. He looks terrible, very skinny. Just sitting there and not shifting through sand. The other one is still mean to him. Hope since he finally came out he'll start eating.

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
OK, update so far. Finally added the 2nd diamond goby about a week ago. they fought and didn't see the 2nd one until yesterday. He looks terrible, very skinny. Just sitting there and not shifting through sand. The other one is still mean to him. Hope since he finally came out he'll start eating.

If they aren't getting along by now, the aggressor will likely kill the weaker one.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
ensure you are feeding enough foods, Pellets are nutrient dense / good to feed and fill in with some frozen cubes a couple times per day so there is no food shortage to compete over.
Works the same way with tangs

Pattie

Fire Shrimp
Sadly he may be too injured. He started getting blown around by the power head. Took him out and he is in the refugee with my mandarin that was getting picked on by ? and he jumped the overflow. so they will be down there for now Mandarin is loving it but not sure if the goby will make a come back or not?