Fish Stocking Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Redfish

Peacock Mantis Shrimp
I just don't know what to do ,, my LPS Tank ,, not calling it a Chalice tank any longer ,, have as many Favia's in it as I have Chalice's and am fixing to start buying Acan's to sit of the large piece of shelf rock I have in the tank ,, ordered a tester Acan and a F2 Holy Grail whatever its called ,, be here tomorrow ,, I also have a Red Sea Screen Top kit ordered for the tank ,, no top right now.

I have a sand bed in the tank ,, I have in the center back of the tank a large piece of Shelf Rock ,, nice piece ,, about 14" round ,, its lifted up off the sand bed with a couple of pieces of Live Rock ,, the fish I do have in the tank use the underside of the rock as their home ,, fish I have in the tank are 1 Starey Blenny ,, 2 Blue Chromis and 1 Yellow Tang ,,

Here is my worry ,,, not enough fish in the tank ,, the tank is 48x24x15 ,, to support the amount of corals in the tank ,, corals are on frag plugs that sit on the sand bed ,, sand bed is covered with plugs ,, I direct feed the corals Reef Roids every few days ,, use the Coke Bottle trick ,,

I don't mind feeding the corals ,, I feel they like it ,, I get pretty good growth ,, more or less ,, some are growing good ,, others a lot slower ,, this might be a light issue ,, I have messed with the Par Meter ,,, just have to give it awhile to see if things improve ,,

I guess what I am trying to say here is ,, I want the Reef Roids to be a supplemental food source to the corals ,, with so few fish in the tank ,, I think the Reef Roids are the main source of food for the corals ,, but I have no idea of what fish to add to the tank ,, I was thinking of some Anthais or something ,,, anyone have any thoughts on what fish I should get ,, amount of fish I should have in the tank ,,, anything ,, I haven't a clue on what I should do ,,, I just don't want to do ,, without having some educated advice ,,

Redfish

Peacock Mantis Shrimp
What kind of a fish load would you suggest I carry in the tank ,, any idea ,, I don't want a lot of fish in the tank ,, just enough to feed the corals with their fish poop :)

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
What kind of a fish load would you suggest I carry in the tank ,, any idea ,, I don't want a lot of fish in the tank ,, just enough to feed the corals with their fish poop :)

You could easily stock half a dozen wrasses, 5-6 anthias and still have room to add more fish if you needed more nutrients.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
agree, that you should be able to place a fair amount of fish in the system.
More corals you have along with great filtration ( mechanical ) and biological ( sand / rock ) the more fish the system can carry to an extent.

Redfish

Peacock Mantis Shrimp
I'd go with a handful of Flasher Wrasse, with a secure screen top.

That's most likely what I will go with and some Anthais ,, was going to look online this morning ,, but got tied up raking oak leaves ,,, stuff to make the screen top should be here tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: