How you feed your fish / tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Hardrock

Fire Shrimp
So I’m in the middle of setting up my new peninsula. I want to change a couple things I did with my first tank. I think I need more consistency and stability for my new Tank. I’m out of the house from 5 AM to 5 PM at least not very good for feeding by hand. I’m sure I’m not the only one, so how do y’all manage a consistent feeding during the day?

BryanJr

Flasher Wrasse
Recently bought a fish feeder. Best thing I could have done. I’m in the same boat as you. Leave at 5:45 not home till 430. Put a nori sheet on the clip in the morning and every few days give some frozen in the evenings.

Hardrock

Fire Shrimp
Recently bought a fish feeder. Best thing I could have done. I’m in the same boat as you. Leave at 5:45 not home till 430. Put a nori sheet on the clip in the morning and every few days give some frozen in the evenings.
Thank you. So far I was using the auto feeder only when I was leaving for a couple days. Now I think to incorporate it on a daily basis.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Auto feeder to take care of the time when you are at work and feed some frozen in the evening.
When working during certain hours which are regular to you, Change your lighting schedule so the lights wont kick on until later in the day.
Your fish will be less active without tank lights IF the room is not full of sunlight so their feeding schedule will be more inline with your work schedule.
Auto feeder once or twice in small feedings while your not home and you can keep some hand feeding in the late evening time to ensure your relationship is still in tune with the tank needs.
Automation is great and I use it, just dont allow it to do everything for you because you will not pick up on things as easily from not messing with the tank on a daily basis.

Hardrock

Fire Shrimp
Auto feeder to take care of the time when you are at work and feed some frozen in the evening.
When working during certain hours which are regular to you, Change your lighting schedule so the lights wont kick on until later in the day.
Your fish will be less active without tank lights IF the room is not full of sunlight so their feeding schedule will be more inline with your work schedule.
Auto feeder once or twice in small feedings while your not home and you can keep some hand feeding in the late evening time to ensure your relationship is still in tune with the tank needs.
Automation is great and I use it, just dont allow it to do everything for you because you will not pick up on things as easily from not messing with the tank on a daily basis.
Thanks, that’s pretty much what I had in mind. Using the auto feeder during the day for more consistency/ stability and do the last feeding of the day myself.