HumbleFish Aquatics

Users who are viewing this thread

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter
I am officially the very first customer of Bobby Miller with HumbleFish Aquatics! ':banana:'

One of my 2 small systems is a softie-only 20 gallon tank with all quarantined rock, chaeto, corals, and inverts. Now I have 3 beautiful, professionally quarantined/ disease-free fish. I purchased a tailspot blenny, royal gramma, and a lawnmower blenny. Anyone ever see a tailspot blenny use a toadstool for its nest? I wonder if it is a temporary thing until it gets more comfortable with its new home tank.

The lawnmower blenny just can out for a very VERY short while. He looks very healthy yet shy. I will plan to post more pics later in the week after I get caught-up with my paperwork for my job.

B3EE2E19-A4ED-45A5-8DC0-C1336BA81F47.jpeg

1104E220-EF07-4E9E-9BA3-7A07E1FE0C25.jpeg

Wow. One day I need to invest in a good camera, yet that may be need to be years from now. I tried an amber gel filter, yet I need to get a lighter colored one. These pics do not do these fish justice.

42F0A270-3538-4843-8CD8-EB4D2E53DADE.jpeg

Last edited:

roid reefs

Bangaii Cardinal
so where do we get these fish? I would pay for this. It seems the couple times I tried to qt fish, something seemed to go wrong. Would also save room in my house. get rid of a qt taking up space.

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter
so where do we get these fish? I would pay for this. It seems the couple times I tried to qt fish, something seemed to go wrong. Would also save room in my house. get rid of a qt taking up space.

It is well worth the money as long as you are committed to a QT process for EVERYTHING else. Bobby’s website is not up yet. It will be soon. Here is his email: contact@HumbleFishAquatics.com

roid reefs

Bangaii Cardinal
Will be following. Everything so far has not been qt'd, but I do not see any signs of sickness on my newest fish (about a month in the tank now) and don't plan to get anything new for a few months. But I plan on setting up a coral qt tank for coral in future. And if I could get all my fish from something like this, I wouldn't buy another fish from anywhere else.

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter

I had one fair experience with QT using copper after an ich outbreak about 6+ years ago. I believe this problem was due to importing some GSP with gravel attached to it from someone who had an active ich problem and very sick fish. I had no idea ich could be transproted by rock /frags. All the fish that made it to the QT tank survived and were able to go back to DT after a 76 day fallow period.

My second experience with QT was HORRIBLE. I started out with 5 blue chromis and all died and then tried agian with 6 more more hearty blue-green chromis to only have 2 survive. My wife said, "Are you sure you want to keep an aquarium if you cannot keep fish alive?"

My reply was ':gr:'. Thanks for the encouragement, Honey! I believe I can keep an aquarium very well. Perhaps I can learn to QT fish too; however, I would enjoy that about as much as having about half of my teeth pulled-out. I will leave that more difficult stuff to people like Bobby Miller (Humblefish) and Seth at Coral Fever in Raceland, LA.

Last edited:

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter
If going this route all fish should be qt’d weather you see sickness or not. A new fish could stress old fish out and cause sickness. Bobby is a great guy. All my fish will come from him
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.

By the way, '•w•' to ':LB:'

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter
It has been too long since we had fish. I got rid of them for a while because of a possible move out-of-state. Now it looks like we are sticking around for good. My kids love the reef tank much more with fish now. That is good news!

Someone came out of hiding and wanted the yellow Fiji toadstool for a home.

A02D248E-F991-42FF-B671-BE744BD63B5A.jpeg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner