JBJ Cubey 3 gallon pico project.(hard algae)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazyfish

Detritus
I was about to take the plunge on a squat lobster but they are out of stock again. Like everywhere...blea.

Lazyfish

Detritus
Probly first pic with just blues pink minefields upperleft most zoas are starting to color up they had nearly browned out before adding them in here. Some stuff closed up because I was messing with the lights next time I'll try to get a blue shot when things are more open.
20220823_224121.jpg
20220823_224025.jpg

Lazyfish

Detritus
Corals in this tiny tank.

1 grandis pally.
2 snake polyp(protopalythoa)
3 yellow polyp coral(paraxiantus)
4 scrambled eggs zoa
5 ? Pale Pink paly
6 ? Blue and green zoa
7 pink spatter zoa
8 ? Light Green on green zoa
9 emeralds on fire zoa
10 fruit loop zoa
11 brown button paly
12 watermellon zoas
13 frozen apple zoa
14 bambam zoa
15 Rasta zoa
16 twizlers zoa
17 Sunny d zoa
18 seduction paly
19 belladonna zoa
20 green and yellow zoa
21 bowtie blaster zoa
22 ultra pink diamond zoa
23 red ring purple heart zoa
24 speckled fire and ice zoa
25 mary Jane zoa
26 true blue zoa
27 blue mushroom green rim
28 yellow green mushroom red rim
29 orange mushroom
30 tricolor ricordia
31 blue ricordia
32 conjoined twin rfa
33 yellow blade gorg
34 grubes gorg
35 silver spiny gorg
36 ? Gorg
37 ? Montipora hitch hiker
38 ? Leptoseris sp.

Snails in tank
1 Coloninista
2 stomatella varia
3 dwarf cerith
4 nassarius snail

Fish
evoita atriventris (black bellied dwarf goby)

Other inverts
Micro brittle starfish.

Macro algae
Gracilaria hayi

Want for tank
Crinoid squat lobster.
One or two more high end zoas.

Most corals are still mostly frag sized all but the newest have all grown some since adding except the seductions seem to be struggling a bit for some strange reason.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Detritus
Finaly got to order a squat lobster I got 2 this time just incase. If they both make it one will go in the 20 peninsula. Should be here Thursday. Realy excited this species comes in a few colors black and white is the most common but also brown and white or yellow and white or orange and white. It wasnt wysiwyg so idk what color they will be.
Just hope im not at the dentist when it arives I have to have a filling fixed oh joy...

Lazyfish

Detritus
Some more blue shots.
20220913_203846.jpg

New frozen apples in the center.
20220913_204356.jpg

20220913_204300.jpg

Some of my favorites. I love speckled fire and ice they are so metalic looking in person and red ring purple hearts zoas.
20220913_204202.jpg
20220913_204054.jpg

These look like blood suckers not bowties.
20220913_203953.jpg

6lilfish

Ko-Ko Worm
Great looking tank I have always loved zoas. My favorite coral. I’m just starting to turn my tank around so love seeing all the different zoas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazyfish

Detritus
I have squaties! Acclimating now. Aparently a bypyrid isopod is affecting the yellow one :(. As I understand unless I'm wrong these need an intermediat host a type of copopod that is very uncommon in marine tanks for the larva to grow before they can infect a perminant host crustation. They dont affect fish and spread to aditional hosts in the home aquarium is very highly unlikely due to not having the needed intermediate host. In some cases a crustation can shed the isopod and it dies. Look to be a male and female of 2 types. The yellow one molted in transit. These are both way more active than the first one I had that died.
20220915_163317.jpg
20220915_163227.jpg

Aparently it's the same thing that causes the bump you sometimes see on peppermint and cleaner shrimps.

More shipping irritation.

It was suposed to be here at 12pm I was like ok. Then I get an update for end of day delivery about 2 pm...ok...then at 3:45 I get an update for an attempted delivery at 11:30 am that no one was home so it was sent back to facility and you can pick your package up there. I was livid. I called fed ex and told them I had been home all day and no one had come no one attempted any kind of delivery & I got an update saying no one was hone so.they sent it back to the sorting facility. The guy at the facility then told me it wasnt at the facility but was still out on the truck pending delivery that tracking showed the driver hadn't even been to my area and they would call and tell him to deliver it asap. 5 min later I get a message it's been delivered....its not here...10 min after that I see the fedex truck literaly running away. The package was suposed to be delivered to me they left it on the back portch on top of a shoulder high movie prop crate not even by the door they never nocked or anything just snuck off....I hate fedex...

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Detritus
The white and yellow one is an Allogalathea babai female
The white and black one is Allogalathea elegans male

They seem to have no intrest or agression to one another even being walked over they just sort of shove the other one off and otherwise ignore it. Both have taken up in gorgonias on oposite sides of the tank and seem to stay there so far. For now they are both in the 3g if theres any issues I'll put the elegans in the peninsula.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Detritus
I thought I lost them both this morning then found them literaly right under my nose chilling together. I had been looking all in the rocks, gorgs and corners not I front my face lol. Neither was bothering the other. Both have all the legs theres no dammage both fine and crawling around. Both seem aware of the other the black striped one touched the yellow when it went by. The black striped one went back to the gorgs after a while and the yellow one went to the macro algae.

These things eyes intrest me the yellow one has yellow orange eyes the black striped ones eyes are speckled black and white. If you zoom in on the first picture I took of it in the bowl you can see it.
20220916_041858.jpg
20220916_041635.jpg

Lazyfish

Detritus
Still hanging out near each other.
During the day they dont move much and like to semi hide they will grab any passing food but only if it basicly smacks them in the face. Mostly they just sit with their claws reaching out. They crawl around looking for food at night or if the moon light is on. I may start dropping a pellet or two every couple of days at lights out to make sure they are getting enough to eat.
20220917_051536.jpg

This back corner is a little dirty on the glass. No agression to each other or the fish.
I did see some clames that they would fight simmilar looking things and others saying they could be in mated pairs or even in small groups. I think I have a male and female but they are not the same kind. Im keeping an eye on them for now. Theres not a huge amount on them. Not a whole lot of people keep them but they are super cute and seem to be good pico tank inverts. The claws allways reaching out remind me of grabby hands. Very small would get lost in large tanks I think.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Detritus
Here and there mostly online at salt critters, aquasd, zonathids.com and when I go to Aquahut I've gotten some nice ones there.
A few of these I've had hanging out somewhere in my other tanks for over 10 years. The grandis, snake polyps and brown buttons. I think I got the buttons in like 06 one of the first corals I had.
When I buy online I usualy wait for a good sale or a markdown.

6lilfish

Ko-Ko Worm
I had snake polyps in my first tank. I thought they were cool don’t see them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk