JBJ Cubey 3 gallon pico project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazyfish

Neon Goby
The yellow squat lobster was acting a bit odd this morning it's not moving a whole lot and I iddnt see it eat last night. I wonder if it's got to do with that isopod weakening it after the shipping and all. The other ones still not bothering it and looks fine.

Lazyfish

Neon Goby
So the yellow one is dead this morning. No visable injuries. It must be freshly dead only one snail was on it. Not too sure what happened. The isopod was still in it. Inside a black sack looking thing I guess the crabs body made like a cyst around it. Gross.

The other squat lobster is hiding in a crevice this morning but looks fine. It ate some food last night but I ordered some smaller hikari crab/shrimp food sticks for it. The anemone shrimp and the porcelain crab is my other tanks will probly like it too.

6lilfish

Ko-Ko Worm
The yellow squat lobster was acting a bit odd this morning it's not moving a whole lot and I iddnt see it eat last night. I wonder if it's got to do with that isopod weakening it after the shipping and all. The other ones still not bothering it and looks fine.

You probably should have removed the isopod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazyfish

Neon Goby
That was my first thought when I saw the lump to see if removal was feasible or not. The isopod was inside the shell imbeded inside the squat lobster. Iegs and all the lobster is probly the size of a penny. My hands never have been the steadiest around so its not really something large enough I could hold it down while it thrashed and surgically remove the isopod without stabbing/crushing/killing the lobster outright. It was just too small.

Last edited: