Jebao vs. Name brand equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Grabloids

CrossHatch Trigger
A long time ago I used quite a bit of Jebao products. Time and time again I was bit in the butt because the items would simply crap out on me. My idea was it was cheap, I would get some use out of it and wouldn't be costly to replace. After about 4 times of replacing their smaller powerheads, I was in debt up to the amount where I could have just bought myself a quality name brand product. I come back from my hiatus, and alot of these places I read info on, recommend the Jebao name. Has their quality changed or is it still a trap?

I'm starting this as a discussion thread to hear about yalls stories about Jebao products.

Have you ever been let down?
Have you lucked out with them?

I have learned my lesson years ago, with the new build I will be going with new, quality made products. All items can potentially crap out but I rather have something with a warranty that the company will stand behind, this go around.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Bigfish

Black Perc
I have a Jabeo DCP 8000 return pump that is 3 1/2 years old, it has bee cleaned twice. I also have 2 Jabeo power heads In my tank and one in my 35G salt mixing tank. Absolutely no issues. After spending a boat load of money on my Radions, which left little money for pumps. The return and power heads costs about $200.

Lazyfish

Fire Shrimp
I have a 2 & 1/2 year old jebao wave pump ow 10. Ive never actualy cleaned It o_O. It's fine. No reduction in power. I've used it in salt and fresh water. I do think alot of there cheapest lowest end or more gimmicky products are still garbage.

Grabloids

CrossHatch Trigger
Sounds to me like maybe they have stepped up their game. Good to hear

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Sounds to me like maybe they have stepped up their game. Good to hear
I have no actual experience with Jebao, but I know a lot of fellow hobbyists who do. Just what you said... Their pumps, etc. seem to be a lot more reliable nowadays. I would like to try out some of their equipment, but my wife goes ballistic about me buying Chinese knockoff brands. -roll_eyes-

BryanJr

Bangaii Cardinal
Same here. Used the dcp-15000 for my return pump and 2 of the sow 20’s on my 210 gallon build. No complaints. Have had 2 of the ow40’s and the dcp-5000 in my 90 for over 2 years now and still running strong.

Grabloids

CrossHatch Trigger
Those of you with the powerheads, how is the control ability, are they able to sync with each other, etc?

CenlaReefer

Table Acropora
LARC Supporter
I found the cord going to the Jaebo DC return pumps as very lacking in insulation... seemed thin.

My brother had used Jaebo powerheads and they failed on him in a couple of years. Still, it was his Hydor mini powerhead that burned-up in his tank and caused it to crash. I have been AMAZED at how care-free my Tunze powerhead has been for 3-4 years. I am sold on those powerheads.

BryanJr

Bangaii Cardinal
Those of you with the powerheads, how is the control ability, are they able to sync with each other, etc?
I think the controls are the same on all pumps they have. They can be programmed to master and slave with a few wave patterns. Nothing fancy but they get the job done.
60331AAB-164C-4A56-B703-B2457F168DC8.jpeg

CenlaReefer

Table Acropora
LARC Supporter
Well, I took a look at the Jaebo SOW powerhead series. That looks far more advanced than the el- cheapo Jaebo powerheads my brother used.

Grabloids

CrossHatch Trigger
Well, I took a look at the Jaebo SOW powerhead series. That looks far more advanced than the el- cheapo Jaebo powerheads my brother used.
From what I'm reading it sounds like thay have come around instead of full on robbing people