John’s Biocube 32 Build

Users who are viewing this thread

ReefingOnTheRiver

FeatherDuster
Here we go guys, finally getting her stocked up. Very happy with the final product. Hope you enjoy!

Build:

Tank: Biocube 32 LED
Heater: Colbalt neotherm 100w
Return pump: Mightyjet AIO DC
Powerhead: Ecotech mp10qd
Light: AI Hydra 26 HD
ATO: Tunze 3155
Filtration: Bonded poly, purigen, chemipure blue, 2 lb rock rubble
Stand: 1 1/2” welded square steel frame wrapped in 3/4” cabinet grade birch
Rock: 32 lb Marco rocks

I will be building a canopy to match the stand, I’m going to take a break for a while and enjoy the tank! I’ll post pics when it’s done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReefingOnTheRiver

FeatherDuster
I’m thinking about going more coral heavy than fish. I have the the pair of clowns now. I’ll probably do a pistol shrimp and goby, a nice wrasse, and probably a very small coral beauty or flame angel. Corals will probably be lps and softies.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Great setup. I am a fan of the Marco Rock, although not a user of it - I may go that route on my next build. I also agree, great skill on the stand. I did not use welded steel on mine, but the base cabinet is made from 3/4" birch and then I finished it with 3/4" cherry.

ReefingOnTheRiver

FeatherDuster
Great setup. I am a fan of the Marco Rock, although not a user of it - I may go that route on my next build. I also agree, great skill on the stand. I did not use welded steel on mine, but the base cabinet is made from 3/4" birch and then I finished it with 3/4" cherry.

The steel was absolutely unnecessary, however my idea was that I can simply remove the facade from the frame and change my facade if I want to change up the look of the stand and canopy. Look at most of your 120 gallon + tanks stands, they use 3/4” hard ply for their frames too.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
The steel was absolutely unnecessary, however my idea was that I can simply remove the facade from the frame and change my facade if I want to change up the look of the stand and canopy. Look at most of your 120 gallon + tanks stands, they use 3/4” hard ply for their frames too.

Agreed, but the other benefit was your stand probably weighs a 100 pounds less than mine LOL. It took 4 people to move mine from the garage to its final spot. If I ever have to raise my house, I will set the front entrance on my stand LOL

pitts337

Harlequin Tusk
Do you have any pics of the bare frame?? Did you build from scratch or got like a diy plans off internet cause I love the look of it

pitts337

Harlequin Tusk
How did you get the hole on the top of the lid?? Did you remove the leds and drimel the square in it??

Alex Wlodkowski

Copepod
I’ve been wondering how the square was cut into the hood, I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing to my biocube 32 and it would be a great help to let me know