Kirk's 350-ish build

Kirk_M

Chevron Tang
LARC Supporter
We finished building our new home in October, and, now, about 6 months later, I am ready to move forward with my upgrade to the 300+ gallon club. 72x36x31, just shy of 350 gallons.

Dry compartment for all my electronics, which I have accumulated over the last 16 years in the hobby.

Kirk_M

Chevron Tang
LARC Supporter
Thanks, guys. Sadly, it will be a mostly "from scratch" build, as far as livestock goes. The year my corals have spent in a Rubbermaid livestock tub has not been kind to them. I lost almost every single large SPS I had.

Chris Guidry

Black Perc
Staci showed me the picture of ur tank. That’s gonna be nice. Can’t wait to get mine set up when we build

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Hey now! my 75 is beautiful okay!! lol but I am looking to go pick up a 150 this weekend so I guess I shouldn't be too offended XD.

Beautiful tank btw, I am going to be watching this.

I think I am starting to get small equipment insecurities :D

GPReefer

Let the Fin Begin!
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Nice tank, Kirk! Congrats on the new home too. Looks like you have plenty of room for a big boy tank there. Looking forward to watching this one come together. Thanks for sharing.

Kirk_M

Chevron Tang
LARC Supporter
A small update...I have finished all the plumbing, including adding a seaswirl to the return, and plumbing in my ozone reactor, UV sterilizer, and media reactor via a manifold. I still have to go and add all the hose clamps, and remove some of the exposed teflon tape from some of the black fittings on the return line because it's driving me nuts looking at it.