Kirk's 350-ish build

seth&angelle

Coral Fever LLC
LARC Supporting Vendor
LARC Supporter
POTQ Winner
POTM Winner
Thanks, Seth. I always have been, and the older I get, the better I get at it. Growing up, I was always "that kid" who was more interested in disassembling his toys to figure out how they worked versus actually playing with them, lol. I can't stand to throw stuff out because it's marginally broken and can be fixed with a little bit of determination and know how. I'm as fiscally and socially conservative as anyone I know, but, I really don't like how we live in a throw-away culture these days. Everything is either designed to not be fixable (like all of Apple's current stuff -- that's part of their marketing -- "sorry we can't fix it, but would you like to buy the new model to replace your two year old computer?") , or, if it is, it costs more to fix than to buy a new one. With all the electronics that drive our modern world, the sheer amount of e-waste that Apple, Samsung, etc., and the users of their products generate is staggering, and it is a major, highly toxic pollutant. The older I get, the more conscious I become of the crappy condition we're leaving this little blue globe in for our kids and grand kids. I'll get off my soapbox now :) '[teach]'

Well, if that’s the case, I have an ozone generator I’d like to donate to your cause. Also have more laying around the back of the shop if you’d like to dig through it some day. I’ll see if I can find the ozone model online. It’s a high dollar one I pulled off of a really high end build.

seth&angelle

Coral Fever LLC
LARC Supporting Vendor
LARC Supporter
POTQ Winner
POTM Winner
Looks like this
3E52D29C-9BBD-44E7-8063-3A3E1737B8CD.png

Kirk_M

Chevron Tang
LARC Supporter
Fantastic work, Kirk! I love your DIY skills. Your thrift is commendable as well. U have encouraged me to hold-off throwing away my spare aquarium gear.

Hey, if only one person changes their mind about throwing stuff away versus at least attempting to safely repair it themselves, I consider it a win for the planet. There's a movement called "right to repair" that is taking hold across the world, in which consumers are demanding that manufacturers make their products in such a way that they can be repaired by the end user, versus gluing them things together and using proprietary parts that they won't sell to anyone other than "authorized service centers" or their own stores. Of course, our lovely Congress has been sluggish to pass legislation that the "right to repair" conmmunity would like, since they're ALL on the take from these big manufacturers.

Kirk_M

Chevron Tang
LARC Supporter

That's pretty similar to the one I fixed. Mine is an Ozotech Poseidon 303. However, I've got too much of my own old stuff and don't want to make my garage look any more like "Sanford and Son" than it already does :). I'll gladly fix it for you, though, if you'd like...but you have to take it back.

seth&angelle

Coral Fever LLC
LARC Supporting Vendor
LARC Supporter
POTQ Winner
POTM Winner
That's pretty similar to the one I fixed. Mine is an Ozotech Poseidon 303. However, I've got too much of my own old stuff and don't want to make my garage look any more like "Sanford and Son" than it already does :). I'll gladly fix it for you, though, if you'd like...but you have to take it back.

Thanks, I don’t have much use for it. Ozone isn’t something I use which is why I took it off. Hell, it may even still work. You’d be more than welcome to fix it and flip it. It didn’t cost me anything.

Stoned

Postasaurus Rex
LARC Supporter
POTQ Winner
POTM Winner
@Kirk_M Ran across this thread on R2R. His GEO 618 calcium reactor broke where your was leaking. Your fix needs to become known.

Kirk_M

Chevron Tang
LARC Supporter
@Kirk_M Ran across this thread on R2R. His GEO 618 calcium reactor broke where your was leaking. Your fix needs to become known.

Joe, you can certainly Just post a link to my thread there. I don’t do R2R or any other national/international forums, due to the preponderance of know-it-all asswipes that frequent them, all of whom have mediocre tanks at best.

Kirk_M

Chevron Tang
LARC Supporter
Got a new DSLR, so I took a quick picture of the left side of the tank to test it out...

Attachments

• IMG_7568_1.jpg
    IMG_7568_1.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 17

The GOB

Flame Wrasse
Administrator
POTQ Winner
Looking good but you should probably go ahead and test out the camera on the center and right as well.

Kirk_M

Chevron Tang
LARC Supporter
Looking good but you should probably go ahead and test out the camera on the center and right as well.

Once I get adobe lightroom working properly again (damned MacOS update rendered my current version useless) or some other alternative software, so I can shoot in RAW mode, I will.

Kirk_M

Chevron Tang
LARC Supporter
that thing is amazing. Could you do a shot of the tank to see it's placement relative to other corals and depth.

It is halfway down the tank, partially shaded by another coral.

I’ll take a photo later.