Lazys two 20s

Users who are viewing this thread

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
When I got this coral below, I thought someone told me it was an acan rotundoflora. I am not sure of the spelling. This one surely does not look like a chalice.

20210713_173158.jpg

Diploastrea. I have had this coral and it is wonderful. Sadly did not grow much in my system but held the colors nicely. Prefers lower lighting than I was providing I think. I would try this one again.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
My neon green cap white polyp toadstool is self fraging again I have 3 small frags left from the last time that have atached themsrlves in the other tank I should probly pull them off and give them away......if I can find someone to take them if people dont care about them being unatached or freshly self lacerated off the toadstool. I dont like frag racks in my tanks and dont feel like trying to glue them and get them to stay right now. I need to start taking bits off from time to time again I've found this helps to keep it from doing this and maintains a better shape disnt eliminate it but it helps alot.

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter
My neon green cap white polyp toadstool is self fraging again I have 3 small frags left from the last time that have atached themsrlves in the other tank I should probly pull them off and give them away......if I can find someone to take them if people dont care about them being unatached or freshly self lacerated off the toadstool. I dont like frag racks in my tanks and dont feel like trying to glue them and get them to stay right now. I need to start taking bits off from time to time again I've found this helps to keep it from doing this and maintains a better shape disnt eliminate it but it helps alot.
Let me know if you want to do a trade.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Let me know if you want to do a trade.
I wouldn't mind trading for a shroom or zoa or something if it's one I dont have My location is the problem I'm outside of central louisiana. Not anywhere near the neworleans or metairie area like alot of people seem to be.

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter
I wouldn't mind trading for a shroom or zoa or something if it's one I dont have My location is the problem I'm outside of central louisiana. Not anywhere near the neworleans or metairie area like alot of people seem to be.
I am in Pineville, LA. It would be great to have come by for a visit. Let's plan it over PM.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Looks like that would be a bit over a 2 hr trip one way unfortunatly. Not sure if I will be able to make it out that way any time soon. My work schedule has been crazy too with the covid so that dosnt help. If it was meeting somewhere more less local on a day off and just swapping frags it wouldnt be a problem.

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter
Oh, saw on your user profile that you were "from Central LA." I did not realize that you no longer live in the area. I am OK with meeting halfway or closer to your area.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Wait what pineville because google maps showed me it's just over 2 hrs from Central unless I screwed up. I'm actualy between the pride area and central. It's not realy a part of either. iIt's super rural but its considered part of pride but it's closer to central. (Logic?) Podung nowhere litteraly.
Or are you thinking central as in the central sort of center area of louisiana ?I'm talking about Central as in Central the city of.

Meeting somewhere in between would be better probly make a quicker trip for both of us regaurdless. It will be a few weeks probly before I can meet some where I'm also waiting for that toadstool to finish fragging itself anyway. I can also frag my cabage and the green Kenya and I have red shrooms too. It the red pompom or blade caulerpa algae.

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter
I sent you a PM. I was surprised to hear that LA had the towns of Pride and Central. That is probably as well know as Grand Prarie where I grew-up.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
I finaly made it home last night after being stuck at work my tanks are fine on the generator but....my roof leaked...looks like in 2 places. The roof is only 6 years old and should be under warenty but....the company that put it on is out of busness....looks like it leaked around the garbage flashing they put on around the chimney. It's all pulled up on one corner I guess the wind got it. Not even sure if my Insurance is going to cover this with my deductible. I had hell finding an insurance company when my old one pulled out of the area a few months ago. This is not good. I had just saved the money to have my electrical rewired and a new ceiling put up in the living room too....at least the cealing was alredy down in the living room and the floor was alredy pulled up so theres no dammage from the leak. Except the fireplace was wet.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
My big toadstool is starting to bleach had to pull some things off the generator and start running the lights on both reef tanks. Other stuff looks ok so far. The planted tank is running without lights should be ok a while longer. Cant post any pics the phone service is barely working.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
The humidity it the house is bad enough but in the room with all 3 tanks it's almost unbearable. Too bad its also where I sleep the tanks are even starting to sweat its so humid in here. So far I've kept the temps at 79 somehow....so far. Dont know how long that will last.

Attachments

• 20210901_092908.jpg
    20210901_092908.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 25

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Corals looking a bit better today except my dendro looks realy shrunk up and I have minimal polyp extention on my nps gorg today. The clam must have been stressed. It detached its bysal threads from its rock and I found it nearly upside down this morning. I sat it upright on a new rock and it's open and looks fat and happy now. I know very large derasa eventualy loose the bysal gland and simply rely on weight to keep them down but this clam is only a little over 5 inches now. So I dont think that's it. They will also do this when stressed.
The stand by generator has a full tank that should run 12 hrs and this one was fuled at 2 am and should run intill about 2 pm. Probly let them stay off a few hrs and do the bubbles between runs. Trying to save fule now. I'll try to get some more gass today. Should have enough gas maby to last about 2 more days as is.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Anyone looking for stations with fuel theres an app called gasbuddy that will show what stations in your area have gass diesel and power. Just located fuel at grand paradise in pine ville la citgo near Mears road in Denham springs and the murphy express station in central they all have long lines but curently show having fuel. Hope this helps some of you keep the generators going.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
So good news is the clam reatached to a new rock. Bad news it could be the 8th before we have power.....
Also getting a bit concerned about the planted tank...it looks rather yellow almost like a black water tank. I imagine its algae die off i was having some algae issues with it. I'll have to do a big water change on it soon.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Ok so just got the report from. Home that tank temps have creeped up to 80 today. I pray they dont go higher. Theres a 8k btu window unit that just got put in the living room but its of course not cooling the room with the tanks. I think once the unit draws out e nought humitmdity and reduses the temp in the living riving room that the overall accumulated heat in the house should lessen a bit. I hope!

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter
I guess you could float small, sealed plastic bottles filled with ice or ice water. I wonder about doing top-off using ice cubes made from RODI just to get you "over the hump."

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Its alot cooler in the house now temps were about 79 in the fish room surprisingly by the time I got home tanks also running at about 79 and the temps were even lower this morning. Everything looked much happier today.

Funny thing is I ordered coral a few weeks back with a delay in shipping...they are suposed to be here on the 10th....I hope I have power by then...thankfully it's istly some shrooms and a couple of lps they might be ok even with the power off if I can keep things going. I wonder if I can change the shipping date I may have too.

dwebster86

Ko-Ko Worm
POTY Winner
POTM Winner
Its alot cooler in the house now temps were about 79 in the fish room surprisingly by the time I got home tanks also running at about 79 and the temps were even lower this morning. Everything looked much happier today.

Funny thing is I ordered coral a few weeks back with a delay in shipping...they are suposed to be here on the 10th....I hope I have power by then...thankfully it's istly some shrooms and a couple of lps they might be ok even with the power off if I can keep things going. I wonder if I can change the shipping date I may have too.
I would, until you are sure you are stablized.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
The tanks are looking very good this morning all thing considered. Even the dendro started to perk up and is looking much better and ate some LPS pellets this morning. I dont see its tiny baby head any more. :(
The rfa tank has a bunch of new babies popping up but I cant seem to find my little two headed one.. :( still on generator power and still running a shortened lighting schedule starting earlier in the morning right now. Have to go look for gass again after the roofer guy comes tomorrow.
20210905_062013.jpg
20210905_061926.jpg
20210905_061809.jpg
20210905_061727.jpg
20210905_044048.jpg