Lazys two 20s

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Im thinking about getting aiptasia eating nudi for the peninsula to get it under controll theres probly 75 to 100 super very small to medium sized aptasia that have suddenly started popping up. I know that's litteraly all they eat when they eat most of them I'll ptobly start trying to find someone local to me or who can drive out to my area and meet to take them..dont want them to all die when the food tuns out. If I can get the numbers down I can probly manage them on my own. I'm afraid I dont know all that much about these guys. How many would be recomended in a moderately infested 20g?......a nano nudi majano and aiptasia only tank could be cool too lol....

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
I cant see the baby dendro head anymore. I think a few baby rfa are missing...cant locate the 2 headed one...aiptasia exploded after the messed up lighting schedule....the nudibranchs are looking tempting......my clam is getting massive..
I'll eventualy relocate it to the rock flower 20 and replace with a maxima.

My coral order came in i wasnt able to change delivery date but fortunatly everything seems fine.
They also sent me a random brownish looking blasto (I think) with green center....no idea what do do with him but ok!
The new shrooms are so orange my camera can not even handle the orangeness. Even the picture with the flash dosnt show how orange it is in person. For some reason under blues it looks a bit pink on my camera but it is pure orange in person and it glows like a highlighter under a black light. It's so bright!
20210910_212658.jpg
20210910_212755.jpg
20210910_212852.jpg
20210910_223653.jpg
20210910_223841.jpg

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Just ordered some aiptasia eating nudibranchs and snagged a snake polyp rock too! I have a single green polyp curently that's finaly starting to color back up and grow. The one I ordered is reddish colored.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Got the nudis in 5 of them. One seems intrested in eating aiptasia the other 4 disapeared in the tank they are rather hard to keep track of.
Tank just got a good feed today everything was chowing down so I took some pictures.
The clam got measured today hes just over 5 inches. Hes growing super fast I'll probly move it to the other tank when it gets about 7 or so and get me a maxima to put in his spot.
The snake polyps came in great shape lots of polyps on the rock and I like the pattern on them makes them look like they have texture but the flesh is actualy smooth. I can even see some traces of green specks in them but it didnt show on the pictures.
20210921_121312.jpg
20210921_123452.jpg
20210921_123840.jpg
20210921_123305.jpg
20210921_123337.jpg
20210921_131207.jpg
20210921_131259.jpg

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Trachs nomming on some lps pellets and my fish kept photo bombing me so there in here too.....just relized that I managed to get some super glue in my hair after I glued down the snake polyps.....lovely....
20210921_121538.jpg
20210921_121414.jpg
20210921_121624.jpg
20210921_122105.jpg
20210921_121708.jpg
20210921_123418.jpg
20210921_122700.jpg

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
I got them from salty underground all they had avalable was the .25 inch ones but they will grow. I tried to avoid the aiptasia in my pics but you can see a few here and there they are realy at infestation levels now. The aiptasia ex.and f aiptasia ect.. is no longer keeping the numbers down theres just too many.

KEEPitSIMPLE

Emerald Crab
I have always had great luck with the large peppermint shrimp. Never had infestation level just maybe 20 at most in the early tank stages.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
I've tried peppermint shrimp and had mixed luck with them in the past. I had two in here for a while they were active but didnt ever did touch the nems then vanished...I saw ones body looked like a bad molt never did find the other. The anemone shrimp is still fine so I have no idea what happened to them. I actualy had an outbreak from when I transferred everything from my 10g when it had turned into an overgrown jungle just prior to the transfer. The spread was slow and I was trying killing them with stuff but they were still spreading and becoming an issue then after the power outage and lack of light for sevral days they are litteraly popping up everywhere especialy the little ones. I zaped the largest ones with some F aiptasia today just before adding the nudis they should be happy working on the little ones that are like litteraly everywhere and prevent new ones from sprouting from any bits of the big ones that might survive.

Last edited:

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
just relized that I managed to get some super glue in my hair after I glued down the snake polyps.....lovely....

Ever break a Calaustrea head, and then glue one of the polyps to your hand trying to put the branches back together? I was my first step into becoming one of Davy Jone's crewmates.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
I glued a cabage leather to my fingers once trying to glue it to a plug. Did the same thing with a zoa too. I've glued my fingers together too among other things...
My hair is down apart my waist so getting it out was fun lol.
When it comes to doing anything with my tanks I almost allways end up making a huge mess even when I'm actualy putting alot of effort into trying not too...

Last edited:

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
You will only see the Berghia nudis at night and even then it will be hard to spot them.
They will find one another and hunt together, eating the smaller aiptasia first then moving to larger ones.
Often times you will think they are dead / gone from the tank then see one or two.
IF you start noticing them out during the day take a good look at the frills along the back side to make sure they have some brownish coloration to them, if they are stark white they are not eating from not finding the aiptasia or lack of any left to eat.
They will hide during the day under corals, rock and even in the filtration, overflows and can make their way into a sump via plumbing.

Hermit crabs, shrimp and fish such as wrasse will eat them or pick at / kill them.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Went to my friends house today. Her tank is getting prety overgrown she has back problems so I help out with it when I can. Shes thinking about downsizing her tank to like a 60 or 75g. The tank is probly a 220 or something. Kenya trees gsp gold dust pally and green toadstools taking it over. We cleared out sheets of gsp off the sand and I pulled up a bunch of small toadstools and a pile of Kenya trees. We stuck them in a corner of the tank because here fuge light died. Shes hoping to trade some of it for like a mushroom or a zoa frag so she can get some variety. Alot of stuff she lost after a heater fried the tank and the other stuff just kind of filled in and went nuts.

I gave her 2 red shrooms a silver gorg frag a yellow blade gorg frag and some macros for her display. She gave me a sheet of gsp as big as both my hands splayed open 2 orange yuma and a large green harry mushroom/rhodactis and a piece of some super neon gsp. And a frag with 4 gold dust pallys.

The hairy shroom/rhodactis (the largest ones in her tank bounce sometimes) and most of the gsp went in the rfa tank. I used the gsp to fill in spots my gsp wall. The Yumas and neon gsp and the pallys went in the peninsula. The yumas are tank hardened and have proven hardy in her tank but personaly I havent had success with them I'm hoping they dont bleach and melt under my lighting her tank has a g1 and g2 radion on it but they were near the bottom of the tank over an arms length down from the light. In my tank they are probly 14 inches down from the primes. I'm spot shading them with some acrylic for now.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Sooo the yuma vanished...o.o looked all over this morning. Ill try again tonight when the blues are on maby they'll show up.