Lazys two 20s

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Found one yuma put it in jail with some rubble so it cant escape again cant find the other one o.o. still hoping it dosnt melt on me I've tried yuma twice in the past in an old tank and both melted but I was able to keep florida ricordia and shrooms in that tank just fine so idk...
Now I just have to look at this uggly jar untill it ataches.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Liveaquaria has pink streaks! Theres 3 more in stock right now if any o e else wanted one as bad as I did. I'll set up a little qt for it for when it gets here. They are super over priced well more than double what they used to be but I guess that's because no one has them right now. This is the first time in nearly a year I've seen any for sale.
20211009_171014.jpg

Couple of fts havent cleaned the tank in a while not even the glass.... excuse the yuck I'm overdue for water and media changes by sevral weeks but I'm doing it tonight. The red nps gorg is actualy usualy open after moving it to the other side it closed for some reason while I was doing pictures I guess the flash upset it idk...
20211009_174006.jpg
20211009_173904.jpg

Im about to do a major rescape in the other tank. Idk if I'll do it tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Got the rescape on the rfa tank done I'll get pics when it clears up everything is angry right now. It has more depth to it...I may add a few chalices zoas and shrooms to it. Got the qt tank up useing a 2.5 couldnt find my 5.5. It's a bit small but he is a small fish so he should be fine for a few days for qt. I think I went over board. I may end up keeping it up as a pico. I used my old finnex canister filter some sand and rock from my rfa tank and some dry rock I had laying around threw in some pom pom macro and some gsp for fun...its kind of cute...idk what I'd put in it tho...
20211010_203808.jpg
20211010_203717.jpg
20211010_203630.jpg

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Ok so they denied my claim and told me to resubmit so I sent a difrent shot I took of the clearly dead fish. Ugh....not happy with live aquaria right now... the coral I bought was kind of piddling too. Atleast its alive. Hope this particular shot is convincing enough.

Attachments

• 20211013_150821.jpg
    20211013_150821.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 9

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Last time when it was denied they responded in under 24 hrs havent gotten a responce yet I supose it was passed to the higher ups for review?

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
They added another one but the only one in stock is a blemish usualy i wouldnt care but that looks suspiciously like fin rot not a torn or bent fin like blemishes usualy have. Ugh...I hope they have some more they are holding back. I've waited so long to get one...I guess a swisgaurd baslet would be a good second choice ....
20211017_050411.jpg

Last edited:

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
They added another one but the only one in stock is a blemish usualy i wouldnt care but that looks suspiciously like fin rot not a torn or bent fin like blemishes usualy have. Ugh...I hope they have some more they are holding back. I've waited so long to get one...I guess a swisgaurd baslet would be a good second choice ....View attachment 22614

@Humblefish thoughts?

If you want the fish bad enough, purchase the fish and setup a 20-gal QT tank. You will want to cycle this quickly using some kind of media from your main reef tank, such as a handful of sand, piece of sponge or even a used (but rinsed) sock. Stock the QT tank with water from your DT. Equipment need be minimal, but a HOB media filter from Petco will work - I like the AquaClear units.

Get the new fish and put into the QT tank. Then observe and treat as necessary. We have a Fish Disease Sub-Forum you can use to start research ailments and remedies.

Let us know. In cases like this, the choices are not so much right or wrong but rather best way to achieve what you want given the choices we have.

Swissguard Basslets are one of my favorite, but its a lot of money for a fish you will rarely see. If you do decide to go that route, I recommend a diver direct option such as KP Aquatics.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
I have options for qt tanks. What im more concerned about is an alredy comprimised fish with suspected tail rot/ bacterial infection comming dead from shipping stress. Alredy lost a "healthy" one. I'm gona keep an eye out for any others.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
I have a sudden abundance of stomatella snails in this tank I've started exporting them to the other 20 and the 2.5 unfortunatly some droped there foot...oh well...free Lps food... ew.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
They added another one but the only one in stock is a blemish usualy i wouldnt care but that looks suspiciously like fin rot not a torn or bent fin like blemishes usualy have. Ugh...I hope they have some more they are holding back. I've waited so long to get one...I guess a swisgaurd baslet would be a good second choice ....View attachment 22614
Sorry just seeing this now... That looks like fin erosion, which might require antibiotic treatment: https://humble.fish/antibiotics/

Buying a fish with a little tail rot (short ride home) is one thing... But putting a fish with a possible bacterial infection in a small bag overnight, where the confines could allow the harmful bacteria population on the fish to explode, is a really bad idea. Just my '!2!'.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Well now the fan on my controll hd prime I'd going out... I had a spare but I cant find it...>_< I ordered some more. I wont be surprised if it shuts off.

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Curent fts for both 20s. Rfa tank slightly angry still but I keep messing with it so...*shrug* it will calm down. If I can find a nice crocea clam it's going in the penensula and the derasas going in the rfa tank. I added a plug with some copper eye leptastrea to the wall in the penensula it looks like a john dere but less green more brownish lashes with a hint of green but the lashes do flouress kind of green under blues...its pretty dang yellow actualy even under daylights.
20211019_113328.jpg
20211019_113201.jpg
20211019_114008.jpg

Trach pile
20211019_120432.jpg

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Oh I also found the 2 head rfa baby it's still alive and still has 2 heads...hasnt grown much tho one tenticle I the middle between them is shared ir sticks straight up and is about 3 times larger than other arms. One head is plain sandy green the other is half green half orange. Arms are slightly difrent shades of brown/grey on each side. Cant get a decent pic...

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
New goodies! The derasa is in the rfa tank seems to be ok with the move. New very blue very sparkly Crocea clam. A bit pricy but I prefer to get things like this in person. He looks even better in this tank than he did in the store! Evreythings only been in a few min so far.
20211019_190309.jpg
20211019_185556.jpg

Got 3 zoa frags not open yet but...
Illuminati
20211019_185205.jpg

Mary jane
20211019_185128.jpg

???? It has tiny polyps and its orange and yellow
20211019_185226.jpg

Lazyfish

Kole Tang
Just read something intresting some spices of giant clams start to reproduce at only 3 inches and all giant clams start out male but can change to female later after they get bigger if needed but not all of them do it.
This clam looks to be atached to the shell fragment I put under it. Yay hes a happy clam so far.